Last Friday, Chinese officials convened for a once-a-decade summit to set their long-term goals. Their announcements baffled many domestic and Western observers. The state-controlled People’s Daily tried to explain them in plainer language, some of which we’ve translated below:
8. This “dummy’s guide” to the reforms became popular:
9. And lastly:
Read further on these policies’ possible impact in China.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.