Last Friday, Chinese officials convened for a once-a-decade summit to set their long-term goals. Their announcements baffled many domestic and Western observers. The state-controlled People’s Daily tried to explain them in plainer language, some of which we’ve translated below:
8. This “dummy’s guide” to the reforms became popular:
9. And lastly:
Read further on these policies’ possible impact in China.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎