Last Friday, Chinese officials convened for a once-a-decade summit to set their long-term goals. Their announcements baffled many domestic and Western observers. The state-controlled People’s Daily tried to explain them in plainer language, some of which we’ve translated below:
8. This “dummy’s guide” to the reforms became popular:
9. And lastly:
Read further on these policies’ possible impact in China.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏