Last Friday, Chinese officials convened for a once-a-decade summit to set their long-term goals. Their announcements baffled many domestic and Western observers. The state-controlled People’s Daily tried to explain them in plainer language, some of which we’ve translated below:
8. This “dummy’s guide” to the reforms became popular:
9. And lastly:
Read further on these policies’ possible impact in China.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 million declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚