“Attack On Titan” (AKA Shingeki no Kyojin, or SnK) is probably the biggest deal in anime right now. Think a zombie movie combined with a military detective story set in medieval Germany. Japan’s Mainichi Shimbun newspaper called it a “once-in-a-decade hit series.”
“Attack On Titan” also has some of the most insane fans on the internet. They’ll find any chance to slather the opening’s melodramatic J-rock onto the most hilariously incongruous Youtube footages.
For comparison, this is the show’s original opening:
Here’s what the fans have turned it into:
1. Attack On Cattan
Meticulously live-acted by reluctant cats. Some of the kanji says “My wife is coming to bathe you.”
2. Attack on Christopher Walken
3. Attack on Animal Crossing as sung by K.K. Slider
4. Attack on Obama
5. Attack on DOUBLE DREAM HANDS
6. A Hong Kong fan changed the lyrics and video and made it a protest song against China
7. Attack on laundry
8. “You can’t just slap Attack on Titan’s OP on everything” — yes you can
9. Attack on Winnie The Pooh
10. The Bollywood version
It fits the theme song… really well.
11. “Smoke weed everyday”
12. Attack on Skeletor
13. Creepy cosplay version
Basically, search Youtube for “Shingeki no ____” and you’ll find an “Attack on Titan” opening parody of it.
And a mental health break
A sixteen year old girl did a (really good) acoustic cover of the song
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻