20 Unbelievable Facts About Spencer Pratt And Heidi Montag
Crystals everywhere, from The Hills to Celebrity Big Brother. Speidi 4ever.
1. Former Hills stars Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, aka Speidi, are "ten times" more popular in the UK than they are in America — according to Spencer.
2. In 2012 Heidi and Spencer believed that the Mayan apocalypse was going to destroy the Earth so they allegedly blew through $10 million in anticipation.
3. When he was in college, Spencer was in photos partying with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. He figured that they would fetch a price so he connected with a tabloid agency and sold them — to the tune of $90,000.
4. In England "cheesy, over-the-top" paparazzi photos are well-loved, so Spencer and Heidi began to play into the style. They in turn made millions on the staged photo shoots.
5. How famous were Spencer and Heidi in 2009? They were the third-most popular celebrity couple behind Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and the Obamas, according to USA Today.
6. At the height of his popularity, Spencer made $175,000 per episode on The Hills.
10. Spencer had a breakout success in 2005 at the age of 21, with Princes of Malibu, a Fox reality show he executive produced that starred best friend Brody Jenner and his family.
11. Spencer alleges that Kris Jenner asked him to manage Kim Kardashian after his success with pitching Princes of Malibu.
12. The Kardashian crossovers don't end there: Kim Kardashian also appeared on an episode of The Hills to organize Heidi's closet. It was ultimately edited out.
13. Spencer and Heidi are published authors. In 2009 the couple released How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture.
14. And Spencer still loves the tabloids — reading them at least.
17. Spencer is a competitive jiujitsu fighter, and apparently he's pretty good.
18. Heidi made headlines back in 2009 when she had 10 cosmetic procedures performed on her in one day.
But then in 2013 her priorities shifted and she got her breasts reduced. She says it was because they were too heavy for her body.