10. Don’t Use Coffee Stirrers or Unnecessary Straws
He totally could have just sipped that. Yeesh.
Currently, Americans throw away 138 billion straws and stirrers. “Determined to stir? Break off a piece of pasta from the cupboard. You can nibble after using it, compost, or throw away with less guilt.”
11. Turn out (some) Lights when you Leave the Room
“Always turn off incandescent bulbs when you leave a room. Fluorescent bulbs are more affected by the number of times it is switched on and off, so turn them off when you leave a room for 15 minutes or more. You’ll save energy on the bulb itself, but also on cooling costs, as lights contribute heat to a room.”
12. Pay Bills Online
If all Americans stopped receiving paper billing statements, we could save 18.5 million trees per year, 2.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, and 1.7 billion pounds of solid waste.
Reference for all statistics and more great ideas found at http://www.50waystohelp.com/
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump that his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel after the country's government called the organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭