1. That time a hiker survived for 24 days on a mountainside in Japan by "hibernating".
Mitsutaka Uchikoshi was hiking with friends on Mount Rokkō in western Japan in October 2006 when he decided to walk back down the mountain alone, instead of taking a cable car with the others.
He slipped in a stream and fell, breaking his pelvis. He was found 24 days later by a passing hiker. His body temperature had fallen to 22ºC and he'd suffered blood loss and organ failure.
He was taken to hospital, and amazingly made a full recovery. The BBC reported at the time that a doctor who treated him said that "he fell into a hypothermic state at a very early stage, which is similar to hibernation."
"I lay down ... in a grassy area, which felt good in the sunshine, and eventually I fell asleep," Uchikoshi said of his accident when he spoke at a news conference after his recovery. "That's the last thing I remember."
2. That time a woman with no vagina got pregnant after giving someone a blow job.
3. That time someone got a plastic bottle cap lodged inside their knee and didn't notice.
4. That time a skier survived being trapped under ice in freezing cold water for 80 minutes.
5. That time a man got seizures whenever he did certain kinds of mental arithmetic.
6. That time a lung transplant recipient got her donor's peanut allergy.
7. That time 45 men were allergic to their own semen.
Kelly Oakes is science editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Kelly Oakes at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.