1. This reviewer who is pretty verbose themselves.
2. This reviewer who might have skipped a few maths classes.
3. These reviewers who are shameless in their self promotion.
5. This reviewer who let their beliefs interfere with their work.
6. This reviewer who just does not have time for that.
7. This reviewer who can count.
8. This reviewer who definitely knows better because they said so.
9. This reviewer who has "two" many misprints of their own.
10. And these other reviewers who shouldn't be throwing stones from their glass houses.
13. This reviewer who thinks science is done already and we should all pack up and leave.
14. This reviewer who should probably conduct a review of different types of review, tbh.
15. Reviewers 1 and 2, who will never agree with each other.
16. (Unless one of them misreads something.)
17. This reviewer whose grasp of English isn't as great as they think.
18. This reviewer who needs to check the definition of "average".
19. This reviewer who came so close to a good putdown, then missed by several orders of magnitude.
20. This reviewer who clearly knows something we don't.
21. And this reviewer who is a little too honest for their own good.
Kelly Oakes is science editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Kelly Oakes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.