1. First there was #JunkOff, where scientists shared pictures of animal genitalia. Now we have a much more safe-for-work version: #CuteOff.
Which makes sense, when you think about it.
2. It all started with some friendly competition between bat-eared foxes and baby bears.
4. But it soon escalated. Just look at this little salamander.
5. And this squirrel glider.
6. And this tiny sea turtle.
7. It wasn’t long before all sorts of biologists, and animals, were getting involved.
8. Proving that you don’t have to be cuddly to be cute.
9. Although of course it does help.
11. Some animals, like this pony, were very keen to get involved.
12. Others were clearly used to the camera.
13. And some, like this hoary marmot, were extremely chill about the whole thing.
14. These caterpillars are on their way to say “hey”.
15. This gecko would love to hold your hand.
16. And this as-yet-unidentified critter just wants to be your friend.
17. So while beauty may be in the eye of the beholder…
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳