1. There's a part of your brain that regulates your circadian rhythms with the help of light.
2. Blind people often have trouble with sleep because daylight is so important to regulating circadian rhythms.
3. We tend to sleep a few minutes less per night around a full moon.
4. You burn more calories watching TV than you do sleeping.
5. You probably don't need eight hours of continuous sleep a night.
6. Getting up in the middle of the night used to be normal.
7. People who sleep just 6.5 to 7.5 hours a night tend to live longest.
8. The amount of sleep different animals need varies wildly.
Giraffes need an average of 1.9 hours, but cats need more than 12 hours a day.