19 Bad — And I Mean BAD — Parenting Decisions Characters Made On TV Shows
Why were the parents never around on teen dramas?
1. First, when Tori's parents were absolutely never around on Victorious:
2. When Joyce kicked Buffy out and then got mad at her for leaving on Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
3. When Aaron Echolls slept with his teenage son's girlfriend and then killed her on Veronica Mars:
4. When Pam's mom dated Michael, Pam's boss, on The Office:
5. When both Brooke and Peyton's parents were always absent on One Tree Hill:
6. When Ander's mom outed Omar to his dad on Elite:
7. When Julie slept with her daughter Marissa's high school ex-boyfriend on The O.C.:
8. When Cheryl's mom sent her to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy because she didn't approve of her being a lesbian on Riverdale:
9. When Bart Bass faked his own death on Gossip Girl:
10. When Quinn's parents kicked her out for being pregnant on Glee:
11. When Timmy's parents kept hiring Vicky to babysit him on The Fairly OddParents:
12. When Spencer's dad had all these other children and just kept them a secret from his family on Pretty Little Liars:
13. When Moira and Johnny knew virtually nothing about Alexis's life on Schitt's Creek:
14. When Lydia's mom sent her to the Eichen House on Teen Wolf:
15. When Spike was completely clueless about Emma's online "boyfriend," who turned out to be a grown man on Degrassi: The Next Generation:
16. When Dean's dad sent him to a boys home for stealing food to feed his little brother on Supernatural:
17. When Jamie accused Brianna of lying about being sexually assaulted on Outlander:
18. When Lorelai constantly acted like Rory's best friend instead of her parent on Gilmore Girls:
19. And finally, literally every parenting decision ever made on Riverdale:
Got a bad parenting moment from a TV show that didn't make this list? Tell us in the comments!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.