2. Arrival apprehension.
This is dumb. Why am I here? All of these girls have been doing this for weeks. I’ll just stand in the back so I can follow everyone else’s lead. Or wait, maybe I better stand front and center so I can watch the instructor with an awkward level of intensity.
6. Not to humblebrag or anything, but I think I’m totes doing better than like, all the class regulars.
…even the girl I chatted with 5 minutes before class started who assured me that “even though the first class takes some getting used to, I’ll totally get the hang of it soon”. I guess some people are just naturals.
12. I’m just gonna tone it down a bit, maybe just exert about 75% the rest of the hour.
It is my first class after all so I should probably make sure I don’t overdo it. If that happens then I can’t come back next time, due to injury. And that’s good for no one.
14. Finally, time for the cool down. (The part where you begin mastering the moves again because you are literally just standing there stretching your quads to a popular adult-contemporary slow jam).
AKA immediate amnesia of the last solid 10 minutes where I looked like a baby fawn attempting to stand for the first time.
15. Two days later, when next class is starting, this is you:
Shoot, its already 6:05pm, guess there is no way I can make it now. I heard traffic is going to be out of control this evening anyway. No worries, there is a new underwater trampoline aerobics class I’m totally gonna check out next week.
- Let the #Brexit countdown begin: PM Theresa May invokes Article 50. Britain set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.