1. Statuses about your workout and/or schedule for the day
Not only do I not care that you worked out today, I also don’t appreciate the reminder that I didn’t! Do everyone a favor and keep these updates contained to the text conversation between you and your mom.
2. Snapchats of just your face
Use Snapchat to send something clever! (See above). NOT to obstruct half your face with a glass of red wine and the caption “Monday”. Not only are you the third person to send that to me, you’re also the third person I blocked on Snapchat today.
3. Obvious or irrelevant tweets
Oh it’s snowing out? It’s raining? That sports team won that sports thing? Thank you for letting me know tweeple!
5. Posting statuses in honor of people who will never see them
“Happy 50th anniversary to my amazing grandparents! You two are truly an inspiration to me, and to couples everywhere. I just pray one day I can find someone who makes me as happy as you make each other!” Except neither of your grandparents have a Facebook. So how about you pull out a pen and piece of paper and let them know how you feel the old-fashioned way.
6. Vines featuring Macklemore
“When I was in the third grade”… I thought that I was funny, then I made another Macklemore vine, and realized that I wasn’t.
10. Tinder as a way to actually meet someone
The messages I’ve received on here have ranged from PG to XXX, but regardless the app has turned to a hook-up site with creepy guys trolling for desperate girls. If you’re looking for something more serious I’d get your ass on Match.com, or even better, Jdate. Can you say NJB?!
11. Instagramming multiple pictures from one event
Wow cool you saw a beautiful sunset on the beach! Oh wait, here’s the sunset again from a different angle. Oh, now you’re pretending to hold the sun. Oh, one more of you kissing your significant other in front of the sunset… If I had wanted to see an album I would have gone to your Facebook.
13. Birthday collages
First of all, if Kim Kardashian is doing it, you shouldn’t be. Girls use these as an excuse to post multiple pretty pictures of them at once; it has nothing to do with their friend’s birthday. Usually the collage is so busy I can barely see the pictures anyway. How about making them something they can hang on their wall instead of giving them a fleeting public moment on Instagram. My feed will thank you.
- Let the #Brexit countdown begin: PM Theresa May invokes Article 50. Britain set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.