1. Caitlin Seeger was a different kind of teen-show heroine: she was bitter, wore baggy pants and mostly kept to herself. Basically, she was perfect.
Fun fact: the show was originally supposed to be about a troubled boy but the creators changed their minds after meeting Lindsay Felton in an audition.
2. Coolest theme song ever.
3. Every girl wanted to raid Caitlin’s pretty-in-punk wardrobe.
4. Seriously, her look was on point.
5. The show’s soundtrack featured all kinds of cool indie bands.
Dig Circus, Neko Case, The New Pornographers, Cinderpop, A is A and Honeysuckle Serontina to name a few.
7. Caitlin’s foster family managed to be wholesome without being boring or overly traditional.
Her foster mom-slash-cousin Dori was a veterinarian. Dori’s husband Jim was the local sheriff. Their son Griffen was an outdoorsy computer nerd. Wholesome, but not boring.
9. Set in Montana and filmed in Canada, the show featured beautiful landscapes that made you want to turn off the television and go enjoy nature.
12. Caitlin’s first kiss was completely normal. No cliffhangers or unnecessary build-up, just a sweet moment between two teens.
13. In short, Caitlin’s Way was the most relatable show on television.
Sure, you probably didn’t have a horse but you did have a lot of angst.
We miss you Caitlin! Your badass style and spirit will live on in our hearts forever.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏