1. This is Ella Henderson. If you haven’t heard her fantastic hit single “Ghost” yet, you either live in America, under a rock, or both.
2. Two years ago the east England native auditioned for The X Factor UK and instantly proved herself to be one of the most soulful contestants in the show’s history.
3. For seven weeks, Ella's passionate vocals, old soul (real age: 18), and innovative ~eyeliner techniques~ wowed X Factor audiences.
4. Her emotional covers always rivaled the original, which was especially impressive given that she was just 16 at the time.
5. And even though she didn't end up winning, it's OK because neither did the show's most successful alumni.
Sorry Leona Lewis, winning is for losers.