1. You know what — credit where it’s due: Chris Martin didn’t seem remotely bothered by the fact that Coldplay’s shining Super Bowl moment was overshadowed by “special guest performances” from Bruno Mars and Beyoncé.
2. Because overshadowed he was.
Coldplay and their colorful minimalism were forgotten the second “Uptown Funk” started playing.
3. Don’t believe me? Just watch… Bruno Mars’ pyrotechnic entrance.
4. Everything about the performance — pyro, outfits, choreography, everything — was on point.
5. And then, right when it seemed like things couldn’t get better, Bruno was all, “Stop, wait a minute — Beyoncé hasn’t even performed yet.”
7. Team Bey came to slay.
9. And, as if all that weren’t enough, Bey and Bruno joined forces on stage for an amazing dance party.
10. By the time Chris Martin and co. returned it was clear that Coldplay were headliners in name only — the show belonged to Bey and Bruno.
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸