1. Peter Dinklage was first choice for author George R.R. Martin and producers for the role of Tyrion.
They didn’t do any auditions for Tyrion besides him.
2. Sean Bean was their first choice too.
But they did auditions with other actors in case he rejected the role.
3. Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage were friends before the show.
When Dinklage was talking with producers he suggested her for the role of Cersei.
4. Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maise Williams (Arya) are good friends in real life.
5. Sean Bean tried to steal Lena Headey’s sandwiches during lunch breaks.
7. Most of the cast members haven’t read the books.
Many of them don’t want to know the what happens to their characters, fearing it will affect their acting.
8. George R.R. Martin has revealed how he plans to end the series to producers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff in case he dies before he finishes.
9. George R.R. Martin sent Jack Gleeson a letter that said, “Congratulations on your marvelous performance, everyone hates you.”
He also called him, “a very nice young man, charming and friendly.”
10. Maise Williams’ mother didn’t let her read the books because she thought they were too grown up for a young girl.
12. George R.R. Martin originally thought Natalia Tena’s look was all wrong for the part of Osha.
He changed his mind after seeing her audition and now plans to write more for her version of the character.
14. The designer of the dragon eggs gave George R.R. Martin one of them as a wedding gift when he married Parris McBride in 2011.
15. Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) performed the Haka dance for his audition.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 11 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.