1. Peter Dinklage was first choice for author George R.R. Martin and producers for the role of Tyrion.
They didn’t do any auditions for Tyrion besides him.
2. Sean Bean was their first choice too.
But they did auditions with other actors in case he rejected the role.
3. Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage were friends before the show.
When Dinklage was talking with producers he suggested her for the role of Cersei.
4. Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maise Williams (Arya) are good friends in real life.
5. Sean Bean tried to steal Lena Headey’s sandwiches during lunch breaks.
7. Most of the cast members haven’t read the books.
Many of them don’t want to know the what happens to their characters, fearing it will affect their acting.
8. George R.R. Martin has revealed how he plans to end the series to producers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff in case he dies before he finishes.
9. George R.R. Martin sent Jack Gleeson a letter that said, “Congratulations on your marvelous performance, everyone hates you.”
He also called him, “a very nice young man, charming and friendly.”
10. Maise Williams’ mother didn’t let her read the books because she thought they were too grown up for a young girl.
12. George R.R. Martin originally thought Natalia Tena’s look was all wrong for the part of Osha.
He changed his mind after seeing her audition and now plans to write more for her version of the character.
14. The designer of the dragon eggs gave George R.R. Martin one of them as a wedding gift when he married Parris McBride in 2011.
15. Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) performed the Haka dance for his audition.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸