1. Peter Dinklage was first choice for author George R.R. Martin and producers for the role of Tyrion.
They didn’t do any auditions for Tyrion besides him.
2. Sean Bean was their first choice too.
But they did auditions with other actors in case he rejected the role.
3. Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage were friends before the show.
When Dinklage was talking with producers he suggested her for the role of Cersei.
4. Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maise Williams (Arya) are good friends in real life.
5. Sean Bean tried to steal Lena Headey’s sandwiches during lunch breaks.
7. Most of the cast members haven’t read the books.
Many of them don’t want to know the what happens to their characters, fearing it will affect their acting.
8. George R.R. Martin has revealed how he plans to end the series to producers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff in case he dies before he finishes.
9. George R.R. Martin sent Jack Gleeson a letter that said, “Congratulations on your marvelous performance, everyone hates you.”
He also called him, “a very nice young man, charming and friendly.”
10. Maise Williams’ mother didn’t let her read the books because she thought they were too grown up for a young girl.
12. George R.R. Martin originally thought Natalia Tena’s look was all wrong for the part of Osha.
He changed his mind after seeing her audition and now plans to write more for her version of the character.
14. The designer of the dragon eggs gave George R.R. Martin one of them as a wedding gift when he married Parris McBride in 2011.
15. Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) performed the Haka dance for his audition.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is triggering Brexit today. Britain is set to leave the European Union in 2019 👋 🇬🇧
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.