2. Tess Paras, who wrote and stars in the video, told BuzzFeed that she wrote the sketch based on her own experiences auditioning.
Paras said, “My last name ‘Paras’ has Spanish roots because I’m Filipino, and the confused looks I receive tend to feel like some sort of micro-aggression…I always end up having to make light of the explanation and say something like, ‘I’m Filipino! That’s why I have an Asian face and a Spanish last name. Colonialism is crazy, right?’”
4. They all “tend to see the model minority stereotypes at work often and wanted to address those in the video.”
“It’s tough because, in comedy, we’re often taught that what’s funny is that ‘unusual thing’ in a scene. However, some material treats race or stereotypes as that unusual thing, which is tough.”
7. Watch the whole hilarious video below.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴