1. We’re getting a third movie in The Purge horror series, and it’s all about American politics.
2. In The Purge: Election Year, Sen. Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell) is campaigning to abolish the annual night of anarchy.
3. Roan was a victim of a Purge night attack herself and was the only member of her family to survive.
4. Sergeant (Frank Grillo) from The Purge: Anarchy has returned to help Roan on her mission…
5. …but things get bad fast, and the two are thrown into the chaos and bloodshed of Purge night.
6. There’s definitely a theme here.
7. A strong theme.
8. Maybe it’s…politics?
9. Scary, bloody, terrifying politics?
10. The Purge: Election Year opens, appropriately, on July 4.
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Trump White House has a habit of taking credit for business deals struck under Obama, as they did today with a Ford investment plan from 2015.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.