1. We’re getting a third movie in The Purge horror series, and it’s all about American politics.
2. In The Purge: Election Year, Sen. Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell) is campaigning to abolish the annual night of anarchy.
3. Roan was a victim of a Purge night attack herself and was the only member of her family to survive.
4. Sergeant (Frank Grillo) from The Purge: Anarchy has returned to help Roan on her mission…
5. …but things get bad fast, and the two are thrown into the chaos and bloodshed of Purge night.
6. There’s definitely a theme here.
7. A strong theme.
8. Maybe it’s…politics?
9. Scary, bloody, terrifying politics?
10. The Purge: Election Year opens, appropriately, on July 4.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York." He isn't.