1. We’re getting a third movie in The Purge horror series, and it’s all about American politics.
2. In The Purge: Election Year, Sen. Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell) is campaigning to abolish the annual night of anarchy.
3. Roan was a victim of a Purge night attack herself and was the only member of her family to survive.
4. Sergeant (Frank Grillo) from The Purge: Anarchy has returned to help Roan on her mission…
5. …but things get bad fast, and the two are thrown into the chaos and bloodshed of Purge night.
6. There’s definitely a theme here.
7. A strong theme.
8. Maybe it’s…politics?
9. Scary, bloody, terrifying politics?
10. The Purge: Election Year opens, appropriately, on July 4.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing dodged multiple questions on Donald Trump's false claim that millions voted illegally in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬