1. In the new movie Bastille Day, Idris Elba plays a former CIA agent named Sean Briar and he looks foineee.
2. He teams up with an American pickpocket, Michael Mason (Richard Madden), when Mason finds himself in the middle of a police conspiracy.
3. Blah, blah, blah, LET’S TALK ABOUT IDRIS.
4. Look at Idris brooding with the Eiffel Tower in the distance.
“You’re hot.” —The Eiffel Tower, probably.
5. Look at his slow but determined head turn.
6. Look at his hot “I’m skeptical of you” face.
7. “Gimme dat.” —Idris Elba in the trailer for Bastille Day, but also me every day about Idris Elba.
8. Bastille Day, AKA Idris Elba Is Really Hot*, opens July 13.
*what the title should have been.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰