1. This is Sarah Jones. She was a 27-year-old camera assistant who worked on major film and television sets, including The Vampire Diaries.
Her obituary says, “From the heights of the mountains she hiked, to the depths of the oceans she dove (and never without a camera to record her experiences), the gift of her presence was felt far and wide.”
2. Sarah was working as a second camera assistant on the new Greg Allman biopic, Midnight Rider, when she was struck and killed by a train.
32. To see and send more, check out Slates for Sarah.
- Iraqi forces have launched an offensive to take back ISIS-held Fallujah. About 50,000 civilians are trapped in the city.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Chad's ex-ruler Hissene Habre has been convicted of crimes against humanity in a groundbreaking trial in Senegal.