4. Nothing will ever equal the “cheap eats” Cien Montaditos serves up.
5. And El Tigre will reset your bar standards.
6. Tapas, which allow you to eat five separate, delicious dinners in one sitting.
8. Madrileños know how to incorporate Manchego cheese into every meal.
10. Spanish coffee is far and away the most superior of coffees.
12. Santiago Bernabéu Stadium puts all other stadiums to shame.
13. And not just because Cristiano Ronaldo’s gorgeous face is plastered everywhere.
15. The Almudena Cathedral’s architecture will take your breath away, whether you’re religious or not.
16. There’s nowhere else in the world where you can cool off in the Museo del Prado.
18. Or lounge in the shade and take in the splendor of the Royal Palace of Madrid.
19. Or sit on a bench by a stone fountain in the Real Jardín Botánico.
21. And nothing is better than taking in a Flamenco show at night.
22. Or strolling down Gran Vía, the Spanish street that never sleeps.
23. Or hitting up Kapital for a night you won’t forget, depending on how many drinks you have.
24. But no matter what you do, the best thing about Madrid is the people you’ll meet.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Airline confirms there are no survivors in crash of passenger plane in Pakistan that was carrying at least 47 people.
- Donald Trump was named Time's "Person of the Year" and people immediately started making memes.