4. Nothing will ever equal the “cheap eats” Cien Montaditos serves up.
5. And El Tigre will reset your bar standards.
6. Tapas, which allow you to eat five separate, delicious dinners in one sitting.
8. Madrileños know how to incorporate Manchego cheese into every meal.
10. Spanish coffee is far and away the most superior of coffees.
12. Santiago Bernabéu Stadium puts all other stadiums to shame.
13. And not just because Cristiano Ronaldo’s gorgeous face is plastered everywhere.
15. The Almudena Cathedral’s architecture will take your breath away, whether you’re religious or not.
16. There’s nowhere else in the world where you can cool off in the Museo del Prado.
18. Or lounge in the shade and take in the splendor of the Royal Palace of Madrid.
19. Or sit on a bench by a stone fountain in the Real Jardín Botánico.
21. And nothing is better than taking in a Flamenco show at night.
22. Or strolling down Gran Vía, the Spanish street that never sleeps.
23. Or hitting up Kapital for a night you won’t forget, depending on how many drinks you have.
24. But no matter what you do, the best thing about Madrid is the people you’ll meet.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎