1. The magical Kingdom of Arendelle in “Frozen” was based on Norway.
After scouting numerous Nordic locations, Frozen’s art director, Mike Giaimo said of choosing Norway, “It feels like a world from a classic Disney film, but it’s completely new.”
3. Norway is officially known as The Kingdom of Norway. No joke.
Yes, just like the The Magic Kingdom.
5. Half of the schools and homes in Norway’s capital are heated by burning garbage to generate electricity.
It’s eco-friendly, and Oslo predicts they’ll be able to cut their city’s carbon dioxide emissions in half within 20 years.
10. In Tromsø, Norway, you can actually chase the Northern Lights.
14. Or reserve a midnight tee time.
15. Norway is home to the most regal Ruff, a small bird that looks like a tiny Queen Elizabeth I.
18. THIS IS A REAL PLACE.
20. THESE SHEEP DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO LIVE IN NORWAY.
- President Trump delivered a fiery campaign-style speech to about 9,000 adoring supporters in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday afternoon.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- A gay teen was kicked out of his house, and people are loving how this rapper helped him out 🌈 💜