1. The magical Kingdom of Arendelle in “Frozen” was based on Norway.
After scouting numerous Nordic locations, Frozen’s art director, Mike Giaimo said of choosing Norway, “It feels like a world from a classic Disney film, but it’s completely new.”
3. Norway is officially known as The Kingdom of Norway. No joke.
Yes, just like the The Magic Kingdom.
5. Half of the schools and homes in Norway’s capital are heated by burning garbage to generate electricity.
It’s eco-friendly, and Oslo predicts they’ll be able to cut their city’s carbon dioxide emissions in half within 20 years.
10. In Tromsø, Norway, you can actually chase the Northern Lights.
14. Or reserve a midnight tee time.
15. Norway is home to the most regal Ruff, a small bird that looks like a tiny Queen Elizabeth I.
18. THIS IS A REAL PLACE.
20. THESE SHEEP DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO LIVE IN NORWAY.
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- "Cancel order!" Trump tweets threat to end Boeing's Air Force One contract, citing high price tag.
- Former Sen. Bob Dole's law firm was paid $20,000 a month to lobby for Taiwan — and played a role in Trump's call with the president.
- It's finally here: You can now like comments on Instagram, and people are really excited about it 😍📷