1. It’s happening. It’s official. Disney announced in a press release today that on July 19, 2019, Harrison Ford will return as Indiana Jones in the series’ fifth film.
2. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project.
A representative for Disney said there was nothing to report when asked whether a screenwriter is attached.
3. Ford, now 73, first put on the iconic hat back when Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered in 1981.
“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”
5. Does this mean that Anna Kendrick is officially out of the running?
6. Guess we’ll have to wait MORE THAN THREE YEARS to find out. Cool cool cool cool.
A representative for Sean Connery responded that Mr. Connery will not be reprising his role in the new film because he is retired.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏