1. That time she casually called out sexism on the red carpet.
2. And later that night, jokingly called out Matthew McConaughey for rambling on about Neptune in his acceptance speech.
3. Then did this.
4. When she refused to wear a bathing suit and heels for all the right reasons.
5. When she was the only woman to play Bob Dylan in 2007's I'm Not There...
6. ...and looked more like him than any of the other actors.
7. The time she acknowledged all the work it takes to pull off her level of flawlessness.
8. When Ellen asked her about Dressgate, and she came down on the right side of history.
9. And every other time she went on Ellen and did her small, awkward, wonderful dance moves.
10. And the little butt-shake-sit-down on The Tonight Show! Every time.
11. The moment she secured her status as a fashion icon.
12. The time she revealed the truth behind the special effects used to create dark Galadriel.
13. And made perhaps the greatest joke in nerd history.
14. When she put her awesome eloquence on display.
15. Every time she dropped her filter and SLAYED.
16. Every. Time.
17. When she openly acknowledged her royal status.
18. The night she won an Oscar, but still managed to remain a cool-headed queen.
19. That time she almost turned Sir Ian McKellen.
20. The smile she flashed when she talked about her adopted daughter.
21. When she was unafraid to ask the important questions.
22. And even Anna Kendrick, a queen herself, had to acknowledge Cate as the one true ruler.
23. The time she acknowledged her own awesomeness, and it was good.
❤️ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QUEEN. ❤️
Thumbnail images courtesy of: StudioCanal / Jason Merritt / Andreas Rentz / Lisa Maree Williams / Getty Images