1. On Saturday, Selena Gomez uploaded this video of her and her friends dancing around.
2. It’s set to the song “Everybody Knows” by Dustin Tavella.
The lyrics of said song are “Your boyfriend is a douchebag /And everybody knows/ Your boyfriend is a douchebag/Your momma told you so.”
3. For such a casual video, it’s well-produced.
4. And features other relatively famous young women, like Francia Raisa of “Secret Life of the American Teenager”.
5. A few months ago, Gomez uploaded another one of these videos.
6. It’s really similar to this week’s video.
Except comments on it aren’t disabled.
7. The girls are wearing “casual” clothes and only dance for a part of the song.
8. They’ve also chosen a song that has similar themes of man (or boy) hating.
9. And had their friends choreograph it.
15. In early 2012, Gomez, then-boyfriend Justin Bieber and Disney star Ashley Tisdale were featured in a video dancing to “Call Me Maybe”.
18. That video was uploaded by Carlos Pena of Big Time Rush, a Nickelodeon band/TV show.
22. Instead of like, this.
23. And she’s not alone: around the time the “Call Me Maybe” video was released, Ashley Tisdale did her own dance video with Vanessa Hudgens.
27. And the fans love it.
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵