“About Last Night” was 1986 movie starring Rob Lowe and Demi Moore.
Jim Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins played their best friends. The movie was about a one-night stand that turned into something more. It was adapted from the David Mamet play Sexual Perversity in Chicago and the screenplay was written by Saturday Night Live’s Tim Kazurinsky.
A remake of the film comes out on Valentine’s Day, 2014. It stars Michael Ealy and Joy Bryant.
With Kevin Hart and Regina Hall. The screenplay was written by Leslye Headland, who wrote Bachelorette, which makes it promising.
But as is the case with any remake, there is cause for concern:
1. Kevin Hart takes Jim Belushi’s role as best friend of the lead.
Which is just like, WHAT?
2. It doesn’t take place in Chicago; it’s set in LA.
Only real baseball.
4. It appears as though Kevin Hart’s character and Regina Hall’s character are actually together.
Instead of engaging in a movie full of hilarious bickering.
5. There is a scene where they attempt to have sex in a public bathroom.
6. Regina Hall’s character appears far less bitter than Elizabeth Perkins’, losing the potential for hilarity.
Though she could be just as sassy.
7. The only thing that really works is that Michael Ealy is definitely as hot as a young Rob Lowe.
…Joy Bryant gets it.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰