“About Last Night” was 1986 movie starring Rob Lowe and Demi Moore.
Jim Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins played their best friends. The movie was about a one-night stand that turned into something more. It was adapted from the David Mamet play Sexual Perversity in Chicago and the screenplay was written by Saturday Night Live’s Tim Kazurinsky.
A remake of the film comes out on Valentine’s Day, 2014. It stars Michael Ealy and Joy Bryant.
With Kevin Hart and Regina Hall. The screenplay was written by Leslye Headland, who wrote Bachelorette, which makes it promising.
But as is the case with any remake, there is cause for concern:
1. Kevin Hart takes Jim Belushi’s role as best friend of the lead.
Which is just like, WHAT?
2. It doesn’t take place in Chicago; it’s set in LA.
Only real baseball.
4. It appears as though Kevin Hart’s character and Regina Hall’s character are actually together.
Instead of engaging in a movie full of hilarious bickering.
5. There is a scene where they attempt to have sex in a public bathroom.
6. Regina Hall’s character appears far less bitter than Elizabeth Perkins’, losing the potential for hilarity.
Though she could be just as sassy.
7. The only thing that really works is that Michael Ealy is definitely as hot as a young Rob Lowe.
…Joy Bryant gets it.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹