1. It had a really unecessarily long title: The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll
Season one aired in 2007 under the pretense that the group was looking for a seventh member of the band, though the gossiped-about truth was that Nicole Scherzinger was trying to leave and launch her solo career.
2. The show was produced by Robin Antin, the Pussycat’s creator.
When she liked something, she’d do this.
3. Every episode was basically the same. The girls would get an inspiring video message from PCD announcing that week’s theme.
The girls would rehearse a song or two all week and then perform at the end of the week for the judges and one would be eliminated.
4. Producer Ron Fair was one of the judges. This was the face he would make most of the time.
this is the face he would make.
Not having it/unimpressed/wishes he was eating a sandwich at home alone.
5. Their vocal coach Eric Dawkins was just as honest.
9. They performed burlesque-y versions of old songs.
While wearing historically inaccurate clothing.
Or Mariela, who was an amazing dancer with a sub-par voice.
As shown in this poor-quality video.
13. The second season of the show focused on creating a new pop group made of three members.
“The idea of Girlicious is it’s new, it’s fresh, it’s young. Girlicious will be a little bit more street, a little bit of an urban vibe. It’s what every girl will aspire to be.” (Emphasis added.)
14. Like the first season, the show had an impressive roster of talent behind it.
15. There was a lesbian on this season.
Everyone screamed (with excitement?) when they found out.
16. There was a true redhead this season!
Also known as Ilisa.
17. There was a new vocal coach.
18. There was more butchering of classic songs.
19. More Lil’ Kim nose twitches.
21. In season two there was plenty more of the blank stares we’d come to know and love.
22. There was a week when they only performed songs by boy bands.
23. Unrelatedly, JC Chasez showed up!
24. In a surprise upset, FOUR girls, not three, were chosen to be a part of Girlicious.
A few fell to the ground when they found out.
27. But really, we should remember The Pussycat Dolls Presents for Ron Fair.
28. And his amazing hats.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- Women are reclaiming their "nastiness" after Trump called Hillary "nasty" during last night's debate 💅