1. She wrote several hits in the 1960s for popular artists like Aretha Franklin, The Monkees, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, and Little Eva.
2. She had a #1 hit when she was a teenager. A TEENAGER.
3. In her 50+ year career, she's had a total of 118 songs in the Billboard Hot 100.
4. Carole King collaborated with legendary producer Lou Adler for her first seven solo albums.
5. She won 4 Grammy awards for Tapestry, her legendary 1971 album.
6. Her album Tapestry stayed at No. 1 for 15 consecutive weeks, which was a record for female artists.
7. Carole King is the ultimate team player and doesn't let her status dictate a recording session or tour.
She wants her fellow artists to share the spotlight and have just as much success as her.
8. Carole did very few interviews because she wanted her music to speak for itself.
9. She played on James Taylor's Sweet Baby James and Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon albums. They're also best friends.
10. In 2010, Carole reunited with James Taylor and their band from the '70s to go on the Troubadour Reunion Tour.
It was the greatest thing to ever happen in all of life, and it and showed just how loyal Carole King is when it comes to her friends in the music community.
11. She's either written or co-written every song she's ever recorded in her career, with the exception of her 2011 album A Holiday Carole.
12. Carole King's 2012 memoir A Natural Woman isn't a typical rock 'n' roll "tell-all" book -- it's a beautiful story weaved through significant moments and people, just like one of her songs.
13. Her music played a prominent role in the '70s during the second wave of the Feminist Movement.
14. She sang the theme song for Gilmore Girls, "Where You Lead," with her daughter Louise Goffin.
15. Carole King also composed the music for Maurice Sendak's Really Rosie.
16. She's dynamite with just her voice and a piano. It's an amazing performance when she has a band backing her up, but she proves she's just as fierce and incredible without the bells and whistles.
17. She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990 and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1987, alongside Gerry Goffin.
18. She was also honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.
19. She's so amazing that there's a new Broadway show about her life called Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.
But most importantly, she's truly an incredible songwriter and musician. Here's proof.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!