We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the most confusing thing that ever happened in the '00s. Here are the nostalgic results.
1. The coolness of Juicy Couture velvet tracksuits.
2. Kelly texting on an Excel spreadsheet in the "Dilemma" music video.
3. Marissa Cooper dying in a car accident when she survived so much worse.
4. Never knowing who really let the dogs out.
5. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake breaking up instead of staying together forever.
6. And the equally ridiculous Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams disbandment.
7. Ruben Studdard not being as famous as Clay Aiken.
8. Tyra Banks' surprising and uncomfortable rant on America's Next Top Model.
9. Justin Timberlake's ramen noodle hair.
10. LC staying behind for love and not going to Paris on The Hills.
11. The Nokia phones being totally indestructible, while iPhones get ruined from a drip of water.
12. How Oprah literally bought every person in her audience a car.
13. Ashlee Simpson's bizarre dance jig after getting caught lip-synching on SNL.
Submitted by Leah MacCarthy
14. The mysterious man with the antlers in the "Sugar, We're Goin Down" music video.
15. Raven ditching The Cheetah Girls before they went to Bollywood.
16. Dancing around to "Thong Song" and forgetting you're actually singing about underwear.
17. Ryan Ross abandoning the greatness that is Panic! at the Disco.
18. Every Making the Band group mysteriously never staying together.
19. The ridiculous pranks celebrities fell for on Punk'd.
Submitted by Charlie Coughlin, Facebook
20. Crimped hair being the go-to hairstyle.
21. Why a genius show like Firefly was canceled.
22. Wondering if Alicia Keys and Usher actually dated when they were young.
23. Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton's strange relationship.
24. Wondering how on earth Jessica Simpson confused fish for chicken.
25. And the words to the "Work It" chorus by Missy Elliott.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.