Don’t worry though — she made up for it by writing the major Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young hit, “Woodstock.”
20. Jimi Hendrix closed the event on Monday morning, performing a two-hour set. By then there were only 30,000 attendees because of the rain.
Only a small chunk of hippies witnessed the greatest moment in rock history: Hendrix’s version of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."