A recent Quora thread asked retail workers what unwritten rules they wish customers would abide by — or, in other words, what things they find super annoying. Here are the best responses:
1. When people don't put something back where they found it.
2. When someone buys something, wears for it a day, and then tries to return it.
3. Oh, and then lies about that return.
4. Or just returns something that's totally damaged or ruined.
5. When people, um, STEAL.
6. Or step all over the clothes they're trying on.
7. When people let their kids to run wild through the store.
8. Or when they obnoxiously talk on their phone.
9. When someone just makes a damn mess.
10. Or when a person tries to use a coupon they don't actually have.
11. When people realize they are short on cash after the cashier has rung up all of their items.
12. Or try to negotiate the price.
13. And finally, when people are just straight-up rude.
At the end of the day, just try to be a thoughtful and considerate customer! Cool?
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.