29 Fitness Products That'll ~Add A Little Spice~ To Your Workout Routine
Because burpees are getting old.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A deck of bodyweight exercise cards you'll find just as useful at the gym as you will during your at-home workout. Add some new excitement into your routine by randomly selecting one of these!
Promising review: "These are super useful. I am a certified personal trainer and I am using them to help challenge me to try new workouts. I looked at these online for a couple weeks before deciding to take the plunge and purchase them. Totally worth the money! High quality cards, easy to read and great for a learning tool for anyone from beginners to advanced!" —OrganicallyOlivia
2. A yoga mat so beautiful, you'll want to hit up yoga class the second you get this just to show it off.
3. A kickback ankle strap for anyone looking to finally add cable machines into their circuits. *Not me, looking at that machine every time I am at the gym and wondering...could that be me???*
Promising review: "This is a great addition to my gym bag. On the first day of using it I was asked by several people where I got it. It helps isolate the glute muscles solely, rather than having to use a regular gym handle and grip it with my foot, or hope it stays place on my shoe. I never used the cuffs, they gross me out. I only ordered one and am fine with switching it from one leg to another, the design and Velcro makes that fairly easy – but I can see having two and may order another one. I'm recommending it to my gym on the Marine Corps base to have it with the other equipment/handles." –Marissa
4. A Bala ring that really does ~reinvent~ the wheel. Coming in at 10 pounds, this versatile workout ring will give you added weight to tackle your HIIT, barre, and strength training classes.
5. A workout bow that's like a little portable gym. Take this with you anywhere and experience a resistance workout that's way better than fighting the same guy for row machine at the gym.
Promising review: "Compared to competitors 2x-3x the price this thing competes perfectly well and gives you an awesome pump. I use it with a door anchor to do lat pull downs, stand on it for OPH and curls. It’s super diverse and I’m a big fan of all that can be accomplished." —Max Burnett
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
6. Personalized nutrition you can customize to cater to your workouts, lifestyle, and fitness goals. Their products range from protein powders to pre-workout and hydration formulas. Just fill out the quiz, and Gainful with recommend products just for you!
I've always been very intimidated of the whole pre-workout, protein powder world. I enjoy fitness and working out, but was very unsure of what would work best for me and my fitness level. Gainful caught my attention, because they can take all that guess work out and recommend/create solid formulas designed just for you. I filled out the quiz and just like that, I had a ton of options to choose from. I love everything, and it's definitely made a noticeable difference in my workouts. My personal favorite are the hydration packets (they taste YUMMY)!
Because every powder is custom, there is no set price but it starts around $1.60 per serving (30 servings per bag!).
7. A Stealth core trainer — a workout device with an accompanying app you can play games on. Yup, combine the one thing you love (video games) with the thing you don't love so much...working out. With this, getting your sweat on can be, dare I say, fun.
Promising review: "I believe any money invested in health and fitness is worth it when utilized. This is a great purchase and integrates gaming with fitness. It's a fun way to build a strong core and expose the abs. No assembly is required, just a quick app download and you'll be ready to break your friends' record and at the same time sculpt your abs." —Makisan
Get it from Amazon for $149.
8. A freestanding punching bag for a killer workout right in your very own garage. ~Kick~ your usual routine up a notch without having to sign up for a new class or...leave your house.
Promising review: "This boxing equipment is much better than I expected. The overall design and quality are excellent, easy to install, and you just need to fill the base with water to keep it steady. It is nice that it came with boxing gloves but I have my own boxing gloves at home because they suit me better. I have been using this for over a week, and it doesn't affect my neighbors at all. Very good." —Lina
Get it from Amazon for $184.99.
9. A yoga hammock if you've been looking for a new way to build strength, improve flexibility, and stretch out your muscles. Aerial work is your answer!
This small biz is in Tallahassee, Florida and has everything you need to start your own aerial silks journey!
Promising review: "I'm a super amateur and I absolutely love this product! The color of the material is perfect. The equipment and the material are very good quality. Super easy instillation. Fast processing and shipping! Glad I picked this shop to start my journey with!" —Starr Holland
10. A half-ball trainer that'll give you a W-O-R-K-O-U-T. Use it with or without its resistance attachments for core strength, or for improving stability and balance.
11. A set of thick fabric booty bands so you can get that good, good burn during your next squat session.
Promising review: "These are some tough workout bands. They feel much stronger than the rubber resistance bands that I’m used to. Since these are made out of cloth they feel a lot better when they are rubbing against my skin when I use them. The rubber bands that I use to use always felt a little abrasive on my skin. I use these bands mainly to work on my quads and hamstrings at the gym. They are a supplement to my workout routine. These set of bands also come with a bag and its so portable, I feel like I can carry it in my pockets if I had to." —Kevin
Get a set of three from Amazon for $12.89+ (available in three color sets).
12. A set of push-up handles to elevate your push-up game. Not only will these add a bit of a challenge, they'll better distribute your weight and reduce the strain and pressure on your wrists.
Promising review: "If you work out at home and use body weight, you need the Perfect Fitness Pushup Elite stands. They allow you to vary your width, strengthen your hands and wrists, and alleviate pain, while allowing for deeper pushups. The result is a better chest and tricep pump, which translates into more strength and size. The stands give you an extra couple of inches in height while doing pushups and added comfort as they can rotate 360 degrees. The handles have a rubber padding, which is comfortable on your hands and can support up to 400 pounds. This is perfect for me since I use a weight vest when doing pushups." —D. Miyao
Get a set of two from Amazon for $28.99.
13. A padded prop wheel because you're ready add some ~wheely~ good fun to your next yoga class.
14. A P.Volve equipment starter kit that includes a three-month digital membership so you can bring the gym straight to your living room. Oh, what's that? It's you getting a good burn in without having to leave your home!
Kit includes a p.ball, p.band, 1.5 lb. ankle weights, heavy ankle band, gliders, and the three-month membership. The digital membership gets you access to tons of cardio, sculpting and recovery videos.
Promising review: "Great set of equipment for a fully body workout. These pieces helped me focus on my arms, abs, thighs, and booty! Bonus, all of the equipment is small and easy to store since I don't have much space in my current apartment." —Reviewer
Get it from P.Volve for $159.99.
15. An under-desk elliptical machine if you need to squeeze in a workout...while you work. Nobody's gonna know. Who's gonna know?
Promising review: "I love this and am angry I didn't know about it sooner! My legs were aching after being stuck at my desk for very long hours. This keeps my legs going, and just enough heart rate elevation to keep me awake rather than in an afternoon slump. This is a high quality machine, and I have no complaints. It is very quiet, I work from home, but I still am comfortable using it while on calls, etc. I absolutely recommend this product for those who crave motion but are too busy to leave their desks. I have only used it for a few days but I do believe I will end up with improved tone in my legs over time." —Alyssa in PA
Get it from Amazon for $249+ (available in four colors).
16. A jump rope with a digital counter to take the guesswork out of how many skips you actually did. With this nifty thing, you can keep track, time jump sessions, and see how much you've burned.
Promising review: "I love how this jump rope has both a timer and a counter. This allows me to jump for a fixed length of time without having to check my phone. I usually jump for two minutes every set, and when the time is up the timer will beep to let me know, and then I rest for another minute before beginning another set. Also, it is difficult to keep counting when I am too exhausted from jumping, and I'm glad that the rope counts for me, so I don't have to worry about it. I can keep a very detailed record with these features. Overall this is a nice product, especially during the time of self-quarantine." —Lynda
Get it from Amazon for $16.95 (available in seven colors).
17. A splurge-worthy rowing machine that uses a patented, electromagnetic and computer-controlled drag mechanism to make it feel like you're really on water. The 22-inch screen only adds to the incredibly immersive rowing design.
The machine includes a full screen to provide an immersive experience, making the user feel like they're *really* chopping water. It can be used with or without a subscription, making it a great gift option. There is a starter pack ($2,245) that includes the rowing machine, under machine mat, Polar heart rate monitor, and Jaybird Tarah Pro Wireless Headphones or a one-year subscription for $456.
Promising review: "I own a Peloton bike and I use it regularly. The biggest issue with the bike is that it's almost all quad. Your upper leg is working like crazy and the cardio is really intense. The problem with the bike is that it doesn't do the rest of your body. I bought the Hydrow to try to get a full body workout and it's really great. You're effectively doing a squat, crunch and push up each time you row. When it's over you really feel as though you've worked out your entire body. The classes are great too. You see the instructor on the screen and you're mirroring them, so when they go fast so do you. I took a class yesterday and they were in Miami and there were dolphins in the open water. It was pretty neat. Anyway, it's nice to go stroke for stroke with them and it makes it a lot more enjoyable than a traditional rower. I love it and my family has been using it more than the Peloton." —David
18. A Chopper axe for an exciting new way to get a burn in. How many exercises could you possibly do with an axe? Tons! This innovative exercise piece gives you both cardio and strength training, and has exercises and challenges on their app, so you'll never be left wondering what to do next.
Promising review: "This is hands down the best piece of workout equipment I have at home. Let’s start with quality: it’s 10/10 incredibly well made, durable, sleek, and actually makes my apartment look nicer. As for versatility: the way it’s designed is super cool and allows me to get so many different exercises in while working on my core. Whoever invented this is a genius. Definitely worth the money." —Mina E.
19. A ~smart~ medicine ball with guided classes that'll make it feel like that hour-long session zipped by in a flash. The on-screen guide shows you where to drive the ball, so you can improve form and maintain accuracy.
You can get the ball in two sizes: 6 pounds and 10 (recommended for those with fitness experience).
Get it from DribbleUp for $99.
20. A set of resistance bands you can easily attach to door frames for a workout no matter where you are. Toss 'em in your bag while traveling, or get your reps on right at home.
Includes five bands (10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 pounds), two handles, a door anchor, two ankle straps, and a carrying case.
Promising review: "WOW! I'm a heavy lifter who is really missing the gym. I was VERY skeptical about using bands, but since I can't afford the amount of free weights I'd like to have, I figured I'd give these a try. Once I got this set unpacked I started my new home routine. VERY IMPRESSED! These are very versatile and I was finally able to get a really good back and chest workout. It's pretty easy add and remove bands and VERY easy to use the accessories supplied! If you're at home wanting to get a good resistance workout this a GREAT way to do it!!!!" —George S.
Get them from Amazon for $24.97.
21. A Ubarre weight — and have you seen a more beautiful weight?! Pilates, but make it ever sexier.
Equipt is a small woman-founded brand combining design and functionality into workout gear. The shape of the Ubarre is designed for comfort and utility.
Promising review: "Ubarre is wild! It targets every area of your body. I have been using it daily and have had the best workout in seven years. I cannot believe how quickly it tones your body." —Brooklyn K
Get it from Equipt for $149+ (available in four weights).
22. A Tidal Tank for a workout that gets you rollin' with the motion of the ocean. With the moving water, you'll have to activate both strength and balance so get ready to feel that burn.
Promising review: "I really like how versatile this bag is. While performing movements the water moving around inside adds dynamic force, causing you to engage your core and use more muscle fibers to remain steady throughout the movement. Easy to fill, easy to pump. A great product overall. It's a great addition to my training tools." —David
Get it from Amazon for $49+ (available in three sizes).
23. A bungee with an 80-pound resistance and 22-foot distance you can team up to use that'll require strength for both people.
Promising review: "I love work out tools that truly deliver! I hit a workout rut and wanted something to help bring FUN back! This bungee cord does exactly that! It makes bear crawls, frog jumps and other exercises harder but in a good way! All components are very high quality! I have had it only one week and love it so much. I just bought a second one! When it arrives, I can have some fun side by side with my workout buddy! I can see using this with my two kids as well!" —C.T.S.
Ge it from Amazon for $29.95.
24. A pair of weighted bangles that'll look like the newest statement accessory, while giving your limbs a solid workout.
The bangles range in weight from 1/2 pound to 2 pounds and they're available in multiple colors. Shop Bala has a bunch of bangles to chose from.
Promising review: "I used to use sandbag ankle weights, but they'd leak sand all over the place and felt so unstable. THESE are utter perfection. They feel super secure, there's zero leakage, and they are adorable. One of the greatest investments I've made in my fitness regime." —Mikah B.
Get them from Amazon for $49 (available in five colors).
25. A Mirror so you never have to step foot into the local gym ever again. With this snazzy piece of equipment, you'll get access to tons of classes (live or on demand), and real-time feedback on your exercises.
The Mirror starter pack includes fitness bands, a Bluetooth heart rate monitor, and a care kit with a screen cleaner and cloth, and a camera lens cap for privacy. You'll also get an adaptable wall mount that works with all wall types and a carbon steel leaner stand. The app will cover you and five additional people in the household, letting you all access unlimited live and on-demand workouts.
Promising review: "The Mirror is the best investment I’ve made in quite some time. It is extremely easy to use. The set up was a breeze. I’ve only had it a little over a week and I am using it daily even if running short on time...it’s easy to even do a 15-minute class! I also love I can do multiple classes one for cardio and then add on a short stretch or toning class. Basically, I feel I control what I want to do each day fitting into my schedule rather than working around classes at the gym. And for a family this is far less expensive each month than a multi-person gym membership. I’m thrilled with The Mirror!!! Even had a friend join me for a class and she loved it too!!" —Ronda Stratis Elkins
Get it from Mirror for $1,495.
26. A ladder to add agility to your sprint routine. Improve foot speed, movement control, lateral response, coordination, with this simple piece of fitness equipment.
27. Fitness dice that'll make sure you don't get bored with the same ol' workout routine. This set includes seven wooden dice, plus an explanation of 36 different exercises. They also have a yoga version!
28. A door barre so you can bring your favorite exercise class straight into your house. The rubber backing prevents damage to the door and the webbing secures it in place, meaning you can confidently use your body weight and ditch the kitchen counter.
The Door Barre was created by certified barre, Pilates, and spin master trainer Nicole Branning. After feeling frustrated that she couldn't get a good barre workout from her kitchen counter, she set out to find a portable, easy way to use barre at home. And then the The Door Barre was born!
29. And a portable cable Smart Home Gym if you've been dreaming of a good do-it-anywhere workout that goes beyond body weight. Now you can attach it to a door or use it solo and get your groove on at home, at the beach, in a hotel, you get the idea.
Promising review: ''This is a game-changer. I have been able to do every workout that I used to do in the gym now in the comfort of my home. There is so much flexibility with being able to workout when I want where I want since it is so portable. My setup is my home office. This is great on my joints since it is concentric only, meaning there is no negative resistance. You can definitely build muscle with it. I've been using it for a few months now and have been able to get my physique back to where it was pre-COVID. I also wanted to add that the customer service is next level. They have been so great whenever I've had questions or concerns.'' —Ankit Shah
Get it from Amazon for $849.