24 Travel Products That Are Useful Even When You're Not Traveling
Just because you don't have a lot of trips booked, doesn't mean you can't get your money's worth with these items.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A travel wallet that features a RFID blocking shield material to keep your info safe from skimming. It's an obvious must-have for the airport, but you can also use it as your everyday wallet if you tend to keep a lot of cards, receipts, coupons, etc. on you.
2. A pair of compression socks to stop your feet from swelling up like balloons on long flights. But, if your feet or legs often swell on a normal day you can wear these to help with circulation while you're at home, going for a jog, or sitting at your desk.
3. A twistable memory foam pillow that'll definitely make long car rides better, but it may even help you get more comfy when you're relaxing on the couch for a movie night.
4. A travel organizer made of waterproof nylon to keep your phone cords, camera batteries, and SD cards, untangled, undamaged, and easy to find. Great for traveling, but also just great for keeping those pesky cords and batteries organized, instead of in a junk drawer.
5. A 3D contoured cup sleeping mask with earplugs and a travel pouch so you can rest peacefully whether you're in your bed or on a plane.
6. A travel makeup case for keeping all of your beauty essentials organized and ready to go at a moment's notice.
7. A portable charger that can fully charge your phone more than two times before it needs to be charged itself. This way you don't have to stress about your phone or iPad dying whether you're watching Netflix on the train or out running errands all day.
8. A memory foam foot hammock for optimal relaxation during a torturously long flight OR to make working at a desk all day *much* more pleasant.
9. A heat-resistant silicone mat/pouch so you can safely store your hot hair tools without having to worry about them melting or burning anything. Use it in your suitcase, for storing under the bathroom sink, and even just for a safe place to set your straightener on the counter.
10. A Béis faux shearling tote bag, because you can stuff it with all of your essentials, it has a convenient crossbody strap, lots of pockets, and it's just SO CUTE. Since it can fit a laptop, you can even use it as a work tote.
11. A pair of noise-cancelling wireless headphones so you can block out the surrounding distractions and jam to your favorite playlist whether you're on a plane, at work, or just dealing with a loud roommate.
12. A TSA-approved toiletry bag perfect for packing your liquids and other small products in your carry-on, keeping essentials sand-free at the beach, or for keeping the clutter under your bathroom sink somewhat organized.
13. Some fragrance- and chemical-free odor eliminators you can stick in your suitcase, gym bag, or just right into your shoes by the door to avoid any smelly aromas.
14. A phone and tablet holder perfect for relaxing and watching YouTube videos on the plane, in the car (not while driving of course), at your desk, or even just while you're cooking dinner.
15. A bar of solid shampoo made with natural ingredients to help you minimize the amount of liquids you bring on trips, as well as just make your hair feel amazing on a normal day. Ethique is a sustainable brand that uses all natural ingredients.
16. A pair of washable, breathable, and easily packable knit sneakers that'll keep your feet comfy in almost any environment, without cramping your style. Say hello to your new go-to sneakers.
17. A Béis seatback organizer, because not only is it perfect for holding your stuff on the plane, but it can also be used next to your bed, in the living room, anywhere you might need a bit of convenient storage.
18. A portable lock box you can use to secure expensive possessions, like your camera, phone, headphones, etc. It's great for keeping stuff secure in a hotel room, but you can also hook it to your desk at work, your bike, and more.
19. A hidden travel pouch that attaches to your bra so you can keep your money safe while you're commuting or out at night with your friends.
20. Some biodegradable hypoallergenic wipes made with natural tea tree oil, cooling peppermint, aloe, and ginseng that come individually wrapped for you to keep in your carryon, purse, or backpack for anytime you need to freshen up.
21. A TSA-approved fingerprint-enabled BenjiLock so you can keep your stuff secure without forgetting the random combination that came with the lock you bought three years ago. Of course this is perfect for your suitcase, but it also doubles as a great lock for the gym!
22. A portable rain hood you can wear with any jacket so you don't have to try and pack both your cute and practical jackets when you're tight on space.
23. A collapsible water bottle that you can pretty much always carry with you. Throw it in your gym bag, a carryon, or your daily tote bag and you'll never have to buy a plastic water bottle again.
24. And a cordless mini straightener so you can touch up your hair any time, any place. This genius rechargeable device is perfect for a quick fix-up in the bathroom at an event, at your desk... ANYWHERE.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.