15 Tips To Make Working From Home A Little Better
From keeping a cardigan close by to taking a TikTok dance break, these tips may help you get through the workday.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Here are some of their helpful tips and tricks:
1. Don't stay in bed.
2. Give yourself your own ~space~ while you work — especially if you're working from home with a spouse or roommates.
3. Get dressed and ready for the day, like you would if you were actually leaving the house.
4. Give your loved ones a call throughout the day.
5. Try the Pomodoro technique, which is a time management method where you use a timer to break down work into intervals. Typically you work in 25 minute intervals, separated by shorter breaks (about five minutes).
6. Take an actual lunch break — which means sign off and get some food.
7. Get some fresh air (while still practicing social distancing, of course).
8. Keep a cardigan handy.
9. Keep your routine as normal as possible, whether that means starting your day with coffee or taking your break at a certain time.
10. When the workday is over, log off!
11. Get comfy in your work space by lighting a candle, having your favorite snack nearby, opening up the window, etc.
12. If you like the TV on, turn on something that won't cause too much distraction — like something you've already seen a bunch of times or something without an intense plot to follow.
13. Sync your break with your roommate(s) and do something together to take your mind off work... like learning a TikTok dance!
14. Take a few minutes to stretch throughout the day.
15. And work without plugging your computer in, so that when it dies you know it's time to take a break.
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.