1. Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved books.
So, when it was time to go to college, she decided to attend Columbia College for creative writing. There, she not only honed her writing skills but learned about different types of writing (reviews, features, grant writing, etc.)
2. She became a book critic and freelance writer.
Through her contacts at Columbia, she began reviewing books for the Chicago Sun-Times, Time Out Chicago, Crimespree Magazine, and others. She loved discovering new books and new authors, and sharing their work with the world.
6. Jamie’s debut novel was launching in a few months…
…and she was interested in hiring a publicist. As a book critic, Dana dealt with publicists all the time, so she offered advice on what Jamie should look for. After about an hour (and a few glasses of wine), Jamie turns to Dana and asks…
11. Our Team
Thanks for reading, sharing, and spreading the word about great books.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.