4. Con: E-Books Are More Difficult to Browse
Sure, E-books are fast and convenient, but what about wandering through a library or bookstore? You never know what book you’ll come across, and it’s fun to explore with no plan in mind. You can also get considerate recommendations from the staff.
6. Con: No New Book Smell and Feel
There’s nothing better than opening a book, feeling the pages between your fingers, and smelling the pages. We might just be book nerds, but there’s nothing more gratifying than holding a book and turning a page. You could smell your e-reader I guess, but you might get some weird looks.
8. Con: E-Books Aren’t Technically Yours.
You don’t actually own the books, even though you purchased them. Technically, the seller can take those books back or wipe them from your device. When you own a physical book, it can’t be taken away, unless your friend who always borrows from you never returns it.
9. Pro: Instant Gratification
If you hear about a new bestseller or a friend recommends a new book, you can instantly add it to your library. No need to wait in line at the bookstore, or wait for the library to have a book shipped. E-books are great if you just can’t wait to start reading a book.
10. Con: Can’t Share E-Books With Your Friends
Most books prevent you from sharing them with your friends. Others, allow you to lend books but there is a deadline for when the book has to be returned. Print books are easily exchanged, gifted, and lent.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏