1. This is a tardigrade.
2. These guys are super tiny!
3. These water-dwelling microorganisms are also called “water bears” because of they walk like a lumbering bear.
4. Some live in the Arctic. You can freeze them -- and tardigrades will just keep living!
5. You can find them in the Sahara Desert. Boil them -- and they won't die!
6. Yeah, that's right. Tardigrades are extremophiles.
7. Radiation levels that would kill humans doesn't even phase them. Talk about resilience!
8. Dry them out. Wait years. Then add a drop of water -- and it's alllliiivvveee!
9. They’ve survived being launched into space too.
10. There's a theory that water bears are actually aliens!
Hmm ... now that you mention it ...
11. Isn't it adorable?
12. Long live tardigrades! (Not that they need our help to survive a nuclear apocalypse or second Ice Age.)
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!