33 Products That'll Help Upgrade Your Life For Under $25
I hope you're ready to take it to the next level.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Amazing washing machine cleaning wipes, because how is the appliance designed to clean your clothes supposed to do that well if it's not clean itself? These will help restore your washer to looking shiny new with very little elbow grease on your part.
Promising review: "These wipes are worth the money spent! I have tried other disinfecting wipes, rags/cleaners, etc. in the past. These wipes made the job much easier and faster! It only took one wipe to wipe my front load down. The biggest impact was cleaning the rubber surround! I could not believe how much easier this made the task...just took minutes! Life-changing product!" —AmazSD
Get a pack of 24 from Amazon for $4.96.
2. Peripera Ink Velvet lip tint, a bestselling K-beauty lip stain for a matte effect that makes a statement but is still subtle enough for every day. It just might feel better on than any other liquid lippie you've tried, too.
Promising review: "New holy grail lipstick! I'm not normally one to write reviews, but I'm so pleased with this product that I felt obligated to! I even came back to grab a few more colors because the price point is great! I'm obsessed with matte lipsticks! What I'm not obsessed with is how most matte lipsticks leave your lips dry, cakey, and flakey! NOT THIS ONE. The texture of this product is phenomenal! So lightweight, it barely feels like anything is on my lips when it dries. Substantially more comfortable than typical lipsticks. Instead of intensifying the cracks in my lips, it smoothed right over them. It leaves my lips looking plumped and perfectly matte. A little bit of this product goes a long way so be sure not to apply too much! I've found applying a dab in the center of your lips and using your finger to spread and pat around gives the best effect! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a lightweight matte lipstick." —kelsey
Get it from Amazon for $9.90 (available in 14 colors).
3. A four-pack of blue-light-blocking glasses that are an all-around win-win. They'll help reduce the strain on your peepers after staring at a screen all day *and* look oh-so-sophisticated on a Zoom meeting. And the super affordable multipack means you can keep a pair in every room of the house!
Promising review: "I sit in front of a computer for the majority of my day. My eyes are very sensitive to light, especially computer screen light. Previously, by the end of the day, I had a lot of headaches and my eyes were tired after work. These glasses have helped tremendously! I don’t have headaches and my eyes aren’t tired. They are comfortable, light weight and I’ve gotten tons of compliments on them from my coworkers. I will be making a purchase again to get different styles." —Amazon Customer
Get four pairs from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in six color combinations).
4. A smart and must-have custom window decal to let emergency responders know to help your furry friends, too, and even help them identify and call them by name. It's an emergency paw-paredness upgrade your pets will thank you for.
It's from a Canadian-based small business!
Promising review: "My hubby is a fire fighter and he had mentioned these before. I put one set on my front door and one set on my back door. They applied easily and look great! Would highly recommend!" —Diana Geedey
5. A supportive padded cami that's like a sports bra and crop top in one, so it's ridiculously versatile. It'll be your new fave workout top *and* a perfect layering piece for fancier outfits that you won't even have to worry about wearing a bra with. Go ahead, get one in every color.
Promising review: "Exactly what I was looking for, and a great price! I ordered two colors and will be ordering more. These feel like Lululemon quality material without the price tag. These tops fit perfectly. The colors are clean and gorgeous, exactly how they look in the photos. There is a built-in bra with padding so you won’t see any...peeking. I’m a personal trainer and I needed something that I could work out in, then throw a sweater over during training. I really couldn’t be any happier! Can easily be used as workout clothing, or even be dressed up for a night out." —Lauren
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 23 colors).
6. A sleek and convenient water bottle organizer perfect for anyone who has already mastered the whole ditching-plastic-bottles-for-reusable-ones thing, but struggles to store said bottles in their small kitchen. This'll help you grab the one you want for the day with ease and keep them from taking up your whole cupboard.
Promising review: "Reusable water bottles are great, but they are such pain to store since they come in all shapes and sizes. They’re tall, they can’t nest inside each other, and if you lay 'em on their sides, they just roll everywhere. This storage rack efficiently eliminates that problem! The three-tier version was an awesome fit for my pantry. Will be getting a second one soon; I have collected so many free water bottles over the years! Might even consider using it elsewhere, like for my rolls of vinyl. Easy to set up — I did it without the instructions in just minutes. Highly recommend, worth the value." —Momo Kariño
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes).
7. Cult-fave brand Glossier's new lippie Ultralip, which is designed to be a balm, gloss, and tint all in one, so you can ~kiss~ applying multiple products buh-bye. It's made with hyaluronic acid so it's super moisturizing, too!
It's vegan and cruelty-free and the packaging is made of up to 50% recycled plastic.
Promising review: "Truly luxe. I bought Ember, but was afraid that it might be too dark of a mauve for my very pale, freckled skin tone. Well, I was wrong! It's absolutely gorgeous. The color is this perfect shade that almost reminds me of a nice glass of Argentinian Malbec, so it's perfect for date night. It slides on so well. It's perfectly pigmented. I don't normally wear lipstick, but I like wearing this." —Rebekka
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in nine shades).
8. A massive foot file over 9,000 reviewers think is up to the equally massive task of rescuing your crusty tootsies. I hope you stocked up on sandals and mules for this summer, because you're gonna want to show off your baby-smooth heels.
Promising review: "I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it!!! In less than five minutes all of the dry, dead skin came off. It didn’t hurt and I didn’t need expensive paraffin treatments or foot soaks. I can’t believe I’ve struggled with dry heels for so long! Can’t express how amazing it feels to have smooth heels. Easy to use and quick!" —Teacher Mom
Get it from Amazon for $8.95.
9. A brilliant blending bottle to totally ~shake up~ the way you make pancakes from now on. It's got a cap that doubles as a stand to fill it with mix, plus a built-in whisk ball so you can just shake it to mix your batter. Then you can squeeze out the perfect, mess-free amount into the pan. Batter up!
They seriously thought of everything — it's even top-rack dishwasher safe!
Promising review: "I LOVE this thing! Breakfast has never been faster or easier! And it doesn't make noise that will wake everyone up while I am mixing. The silicone tip is real silicone and does well against cast iron. I have never been able to get my pancakes this fluffy until now! So great! It is also super easy to clean. The bottom comes off to fill it up, and it turns into a stand by setting the top into the bottom setting." —KC Hunter
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
10. Wad-Free, an ingenious device to solve all your sheet-washing woes. It'll help your sheets dry faster and with fewer wrinkles, and prevent them from trapping all the clothes you throw in there with them in a tangled up ball. Where have these been your whole laundry-doing life?!?
They're reusable and BPA-free!
Promising review: "Wow!!! You wonder if things like this really work — well, I can absolutely confirm it does! I was impressed that the package came with two of the devices so there was one for the fitted sheet and the flat sheet. I tried it out and my sheets not only did NOT wad up, but they came out of the dryer feeling fresher, feeling more dry, and unwrinkled! I will be buying a set of these for each of my immediate family members and close friends! What a great gift!!!" —katy
Get a set of two from Amazon for $18.99.
11. A set of 20 (!!!) glam and super on-trend hair clips to help you break out of your hair rut without doing something drastic, like getting bangs.
(Disclaimer: I have bangs and probably will till I die).
Promising review: "I love these! The quality and price are amazing. I tried Target, Ulta, CosmoProf, and various other stores looking for pearl barrettes, but I either couldn’t find what I was looking for or didn’t want to pay $15 for a single clip. This set came with so many pretty, trendy, wearable styles! I will say, the barrette-style clips are larger than average, but I really liked that about them. They photograph so well. Buy them!!" —Stella
Get a set of 20 from Amazon for $8.49.
12. A Colgate Keep toothbrush starter kit that's just as affordable as a regular toothbrush but way less wasteful. It's got an easy-to-grip, reusable aluminum handle and interchangeable heads, so it uses 80% less plastic.
The kit comes with a base and two heads.
Promising review: "I was very curious about the unique shape of this toothbrush. I bought it on a whim. I’m glad I did. The bristles are soft but still firm enough to clean well. Feels great to hold. Value is good. You can change the heads when you need/feel. It’s a great toothbrush. 10/10" —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $9.97+ (available in two colors).
13. An absolutely brilliant reading tracker bookmark to level up any bookworm's reading log game. The adorable illustration features 50 blank book spines for you to color in and write in titles as you make your way through your reading list, and then you can save it as a permanent record of your reads.
This UK-based small business makes truly gorgeous art for book lovers!
Promising review: "I’ve been trying to get back into reading, and the urge to fill this bookmark is really making me want to read! It’s so cute, and I love how much space there is to fill." —Kaitlyn Wells
14. Chic wall-mounted shelves that can each hold up to two pounds and are amazingly easy to install — just use the included Command strips. That means you can upgrade your rented space without putting a single hole in the wall — win!
Promising review: "These things are great. I have them in the bathroom, attached to wallpaper — one holds an Amazon Echo, the other a shaving kit. Even in the moist environment, these little ledges are rock-solid (and that Echo isn't exactly a lightweight). Like all Command products, surface preparation is key, and allowing time for the glue to 'cure' before putting any load on it (just read the instructions). Super pleased and ridiculously easy to put up." —Thom
15. And, in a similar vein, a Command adhesive towel bar so you can finally add some extra storage to your bathroom or kitchen without losing your deposit!
It holds up to 3 pounds and works on most types of surfaces.
Promising review: "I rent my house and needed a solution without putting new holes in the wall. This looks and feels like a 'real' towel bar! I’m so glad I was able to find such a great solution for a rental property." —caraashley
Get it from Amazon for $13.20.
16. Super delicate huggie hoop earrings with over 3,000 positive reviews, a perfect look for everyday, and a price tag you will — yup — wanna hug. They're an on-trend upgrade from your usual basic studs, while still keeping it simple.
Promising review: "I have a couple of extra piercings in one ear and have been looking for something semi-permanent for them, but post earrings would either poke when I slept or get caught on clothing/towels/etc. I wanted earrings I could put in and forget about them, and these little hoops are perfect. They are small but beautiful, and have no sharp edges to catch on anything. They are very secure, and I don’t even notice them when I sleep or towel my hair. They look classy and will go with just about any other earrings I choose to wear. Perfect!" —K. Parmenter
Get it from Amazon for $13.95+ (available in three colors and two metal types).
17. A honeycomb-textured cat litter mat that'll catch all the loose litter that Puss in Boots loves to track all over your otherwise clean home. You won't miss the mess, and your kitty's plans for destruction will be foiled yet again!
Promising review: "Finally, no more kitty litter on the floor. Well, hardly any. I'd say it keeps 99% of the litter off the floor, which is a huge improvement! And for those who asked about, or mentioned that cats didn't like stepping on the mat, here's proof that my cat loves it. He lays on it, sleeps on it, grooms himself on it, and launches attacks against his brother from it. No problem there. I recommend this litter box mat to anyone who, like me, is hates stepping on (usually barefoot) the hard pieces of litter and constantly cleaning it up." —TX Reader - Reviewer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
18. Eyebrow styling soap you can just brush on to make your brows look super full and fluffy for the trendy "soap brow" look, or even style them into your desired shape. Sorry to all the brow products currently stashed in your vanity drawer — this blows 'em all away.
Promising review: "I have been searching and trying many products that hold eyebrows in place without casting a film over the hairs. When applied as directed, this products is AMAZING! Holds the shape of the brow and doesn't create a haze. Finally a product that works!! Thank you! Highly recommend" —Joyce Gore
Get two tins of soap and two brushes from Amazon for $7.88.
19. Double-sided carpet tape for anyone who is pretty much unable to step onto their favorite rug without slipping so much it's like a full-on, Disney-movie-montage-worthy magic carpet ride. Your clumsy self can enter ~a whole new world~ with this stuff.
Promising review: "Finally, a product that works!!!!! I have bought at least five other products trying to anchor my hallway runner to the floor, since it slides everywhere on the laminate flooring. This tape is finally what worked. I will definitely buy it again for any future needs!" —LB
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
20. Super handy sand spike cupholders with two compartments, so you can keep your drink *and* any other essentials conveniently within reach. We all know that cleaning the sand out of everything (from your phone to your bag to your butt) is the worst part of a beach trip, so these babies will make things wayyyy better.
21. Fun clear, waterproof playing cards that are not only great for a game of Rummy poolside, but are also super durable for any game night (especially one featuring spill-able drinks). Plus, as several reviewers mention, they're perfect for the current pandemic era since they can be easily disinfected without damaging them!
Promising review: "My husband and I play cards together often and these are the best cards I've ever owned. They are waterproof, so even if we spill something they can just be washed off. They are pretty indestructible and will always stay crisp and not have bended corners like other cards that have been used a lot. They are pliable enough to make it easy for my klutzy husband to shuffle, and for me that is the best part. Even after bending sharply to shuffle the cards evenly and easily, they go right back to their shape. They can be a bit slippery but that is not a deal breaker. The numbers are a good size to see clearly. I have two decks of these cards and I do wish they came in two different colors to make separating them easier. These really are the best cards I've ever used and the only ones I'll buy again." —liz
Get them from Amazon for $5.97.
22. Or some stunningly gorgeous wild animal playing cards featuring illustrations by artist Megan Carn to totally upgrade your next Poker night.
They're from a Black woman-owned, Charleston-based business that specializes in cheerful accessories, clothing, and gifts.
Get them from The Tiny Tassel for $21.
23. An equal parts adorable and affordable alarm clock that's a serious upgrade to your current one. It's *silent* so it won't be obnoxious on your bedside table; it'll just sit there looking all mod and cute.
Get the required AA battery here.
Promising review: "This clock is exactly what I’ve been looking for — for literally years. It’s got a great alarm. It’s attractive. It doesn’t tick. It doesn’t tip over when jostled. And the best part about this clock is that there’s a little button I can push on the back when it’s dark and I want to know the time. A sweet little light illuminates the clock face, nothing glaring, nothing that’s going to wake me up if I’m half asleep. And the clock is nice and stable, so it doesn’t fall over when I’m reaching for it. I bought the pale-green model, and it’s very attractive. Normally my reviews (if I make one) are short and to the point, but this little clock deserves kudos. If you’re reading this, you want a good clock. I’m telling you: This is the one you’re looking for. You can thank me later. :)" —Holly K
Get it from Amazon for $10.98+ (available in four colors).
24. A simply delightful flamingo pool thermometer, because knowing the temperature of your water and making your pool look cute are both equally important goals.
I have a rather large flamingo obsession and collection of flamingo pool toys and summer apparel. So after seeing this in another writer's BuzzFeed Shopping post, I immediately sent it to my mom to order for my parents' pool. Okay, does it fade a bit in the water and sun and is it a bit wobbly? Yes and yes. But does Mini Janice (Janice is our full-size flamingo pool float) bring me a ridiculous amount of joy? HECK yes. She's so cute and once you get her tied up she just bobs around, chilling until you need to interrupt her swim to check the temp. Totally recommend to upgrade your pool *and* your mood.
Promising review: "Every time I look out there in the pool and see my little pink flamingo floating about it cracks me up! It is HOT here in TX and sometimes the pool water gets so warm you are like, "This feels like bath water!" Now I can KNOW that it is almost as hot as bath water! Seriously though, it does what it is intended to do (let you know the temp of the water) while injecting a little fun into your world. I would recommend to a friend if they have a pool or hot tub." —DFusionShopper
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
25. A just plain delightful 3D-printed foam soap dispenser attachment to turn the soap you pump into a magical Disney shape, so you can feel like you truly live in the House of Mouse. A foolproof way to upgrade your life? If something in your life can be Disney-themed, make it Disney-themed.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this product!! Is it necessary? No. Did it, and does it, bring me endless amounts of joy? Absolutely!! I was squealing like a child the first time I used it. I will be ordering more for my family who are also Disney obsessed. It makes me smile every single time I use it. Thank you for such a fun and well-made product!" —Chisten Overton
26. A gluten- and cruelty-free mascara that's only $5 — but will produce results worth a heck of a lot more than that. It'll feel like an upgrade even if the mascara you currently use is more expensive.
Promising review: "After using Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for the past year, I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect, and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long-wearing. I go from an eight-hour work day right to the gym and sweat like wild, and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!" —Carrie E Miller
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
27. A cool and educational temperature-sensitive, color-changing slime kit for a fresh and fun science project to do with your kiddos this weekend. Bonus — it's just as fun but wayyy less of a cleanup nightmare than that YouTube slime DIY they've been begging you to try.
Promising review: "I am very anti-slime as a mom. Too much mess and rarely works out. But I figured if anybody could do it right, KiwiCo could. What a wonderful kit. My 10-year-old did this on her own — minimal mess and lots of wonderful color-changing slime. The only part that caused mess was cutting the tops off the dye. It splattered when I cut it, but we’d covered the table so no big deal. I LOVED that the kit included storage containers for the finished slime. A huge plus. The small work mat to cover the work area was good but not large enough. That being said, I always cover the table completely before the children start a project like this so it wasn’t an issue. Useful work area to encourage keeping things together and not spreading them out everywhere! The color changing aspect is fantastic and provided a lot of fun. I still won’t attempt DIY slime on my own but this kit meant my daughter got to experience the science and fun of it and there was minimal cleanup for me!" —Nicola
Get it from KiwiCo for $16.95.
28. A clever custom coffee scoop that doubles as a bag clip and triples as a cute conversation piece. Why splurge at a fancy coffee shop every morning when your kitchen can feel like one?
This Georgia-based small business specializes in engraved wood home goods!
Promising review: "This coffee scoop is perfect for our guest house. Seller followed my request perfectly when customizing. It’s sturdy and very nice. Love it and ordering a second one already for our main kitchen and probably some extras as gifts for our guests to take home!" —Herbert Freeman
29. A variety pack of pre-seasoned beans here to prove that beans can be life-changing in more ways than just giving you gas. How? Well, you only need to microwave for them one minute for an instantly delish side dish worthy of your favorite takeout spot, and they truly change the nutritious at-home meal prep game for those who are short on time and cooking skills — take it from me.
This pack is from Black-owned, San Francisco-based bean brand A Dozen Cousins and comes with black beans, pinto beans, chickpea curry, red beans, refried black beans, and refried pinto beans. They're all vegan and made with avocado oil. I personally swear by their black beans, which I have just recently become completely obsessed with. They're so flavorful and perfectly seasoned and shockingly easy. Plus, one bag has about two small servings for one person, so I have leftovers the next day. I've been enjoying them with quesadillas and nachos, in homemade burrito bowls, and over seasoned rice.
Promising review: "Who writes a review about beans? Somebody who loves beans but had given up on them, until now. This is a great product. Canned beans from my local supermarket are always a disappointment, so I stopped getting them. I don't have time to cook beans myself, but A Dozen Cousins beans are fresh and taste terrific. I've been trying to avoid packaged, processed foods but the natural ingredients make these different. I can feel good about eating them. The beans are whole and not mashed up liked in cans. All of the varieties are seasoned well and versatile. I've had them on their own, in salads, and in wrap sandwiches. Do yourself a favor and order some. You won't regret it." —Amazon Customer
30. A cleverly designed mini hammer that meets all the major requirements for basic around-the-house jobs and then some. It's got a genius magnetic slot on the top to hold the nail while you get it started in the hole, instead of trying to hold it steady and praying you don't smash your phalanges.
31. A five-pack of resistance bands ranging from extra light to extra heavy that'll help you work out anytime, anywhere. You can use 'em for all-over body toning in small spaces, without splurging on a major weight set, and even while you're just hanging out watching Netflix.
Promising review: "Since the price was fair I decided to try out these bands to level up my fitness routines. After the first workout with them it seemed too easy and not enough resistance, so I moved to a higher tension. Well, a week later I am still sore from the deceptively engaging workout. These bands provided the resistance I needed but with the ability to still perform the exercises with good form, effectively. The material is durable and has good grip. Happy with my purchase and I would recommend them." —Ashley
Get a set of five from Amazon for $10.99.
32. A genius, travel-ready makeup brush that comes in a compact case so it won't get powder all over your purse and is — get this — fully adjustable. Just slide it up or down to get the exact size brush you need to apply whatever product you're using.
This small biz specializes in innovative, on-the-go makeup essentials and is known for their compact and customizable beauty product stacks.
Promising review: "Best brush ever! I love this adjustable brush. It's so handy to have just one brush where I can control the size. It's really the only one I need now." —Angie Temple
Get it from Subtl Beauty for $20.
33. A smart double pan to make flipping omelets, bacon, grilled cheese, and more so ~flipping~ easy, plus help you get the fluffiest pancakes you've ever made in your life.
Promising review: "I had a similar pan for years but the handle eventually broke off and I was really missing it. This pan is even better, because the top will stay open at a 90-degree angle while pouring in pancake batter or whatever. That is a major improvement, especially since I use it most often when making pancakes. Anything that needs to be flipped is great in this pan. I often make grilled cheese sandwiches in it. It's not good for volume cooking, but I only cook for one or two so it is fine. Another improvement over my old one is that the two pieces fit tighter together when closed, so batter or eggs or whatever don't have a chance to leak out when flipping. Finally, the price was very reasonable." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.