34 Products I Don't Understand How You've Lived Your Whole Life Without
Including a way to make cat litter stink less, the best way to watch movies on your phone, and the single greatest Taylor Swift sweatshirt I have ever seen.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A universal smartphone mount that can fit in your pocket and go with you anywhere to revolutionize your experience working from home, making video calls, and especially watching movies on planes.
2. A handy (or nose-y?) doggy doorbell your pupper need only boop with their snoot to let you know it's time to go out or come in — no more barking and scratching. Reviewers say their pups took to it easily, and it even has a built-in treat holder for training!
3. L'Oreal Paris's aptly named Magic Root Cover Up spray to save anyone who dyes their hair $$$ and trips to the salon. It's a super quick, water-resistant fix that's especially handy in pandemic times.
4. Dissolving and soothing menthol canker sore patches that'll actually stay put in your mouth for up to 12 hours (!!!) and save you from searing pain every time you chew. Eating is one of the greatest joys of life, and canker sores are a special kind of evil that robs you of that joy. People, it's time to fight back.
Promising review: "Finally, relief! Canker sores are tiny, yet extremely painful, especially when chewing! I had one below one of my molars. It was hell to chew, so I ordered these. I followed the instructions, which tell you to dry the sore first and hold the tablet there for 20 seconds. Amazingly, it sticks and stays for the full 12 hours (for me it was more like 14 hours). It doesn't slide off at all, even when chewing breakfast the next morning. Even brushing my teeth, it stayed. Once it was fully dissolved I could tell it helped because the pain was greatly reduced (still slight discomfort, but not pain like before). I highly recommend these for speeding up the healing process and for helping with the pain." —Sally
Get a box of six from Amazon for $12.40.
5. An unbelievably genius sock organizer you can throw right in the laundry (!!!) so you'll never loose half of a pair of socks in the abyss again, or even have to spend time matching them up when you unload the dryer!
6. A helpful as heck moisture meter I'm not sure how your plants have lived without. You just pop in the (indoor or outdoor) soil to determine whether it's time to water your leafy pals, for yet another tool in your "I won't kill it this time!!!" arsenal.
7. A super handy electronics storage pouch with over 2,000 5-star ratings and the magical ability to allow all your bulky 21st-century must-haves to fit easily and securely in your carry-on, briefcase, or backpack. Frequent travelers, commuters, college students, and every one of us who has ever lost a precious Lightning cable, rejoice.
8. An unofficial Schitt's Creek cookbook that'll instruct you on how to concoct delicacies such as "Sloppy Jocelyns," "There’s a Dead Guy in Room 4-Cheese Macaroni," "Herb Ertlinger's Wine Spritzer," and of course, Twyla's iconic meadow harvest smoothie. In other words, delicacies to fill the void the show ending has left in your life.
9. And a Schitt's Creek dishwasher magnet so the Rose siblings can help save you the struggle of remembering (or yelling to your roommates) if it would be ~schitty~ to toss a dirty dish into the partially-full dishwasher. Honestly shocked sweet, overworked Twyla didn't spend her lottery winnings on 100 of these for the café.
10. Avarelle acne patches, aka vegan and cruelty-free wonders made with tea tree and calendula oil to soothe swelling and absorb all the gunk from your zits in an oh-so-satisfying way.
11. An easy-to-reach car caddy complete with an insulated cupholder and that can be swung over the back *or* the front of your seat so you can access the essentials when on the go solo. Honestly, it's rude that most other car organizers are designed assuming we have people in the back seat. The back seat is for your coat and all the bags you acquired when going into Target "just for face wash."
12. An absolutely incredible sea creature cat hat, because I bet you're sitting there thinking your resident floofbucket couldn't get any cuter or more ridiculous. But what if you dressed them as a CRAB? Or an OCTOPUS? Or an AXOLOTL? You gotta at least try it in the name of science.
13. Crest Whitestrips, aka teeth-whitening wonders you use for just a half hour every day. They claim to remove up to 14 YEARS worth of stains when used for 20 days, but you'll probably start seeing results after around three days. Goodbye, coffee stain on your molar that's older than your firstborn.
One box comes with enough regular strips for 20 treatments and two sets of one-hour express strips for when you want extra quick results for a special event/just feel like making Chip Skylark jealous. The reviewer's results above were after just four treatments!
Promising review: "These are the best. They do a great job of whitening and do not cause any pain to the teeth at all! Easy to use and do not make a sticky mess. I will never use another brand or product for whitening!" —Nicole
Get them from Amazon for $47.58.
14. Brilliant makeup-removing swabs with remover built right into the tip, so it is two products in one *and* reduces mess. The remover itself is made with aloe, so it's soothing and gentle enough for removing eye makeup.
15. A possibly magical wine stain remover capable of saving you from the effects of your clumsier moments. Pinot more clothing and carpeting casualties after a boozy night in (or out).
16. An under-desk mount you'll wonder how you worked from home without, because it'll organize *and* charge your must-have devices. It's got three USB ports, two arms to hold over-ear headphones or a smartwatch, slots for cords and earbuds, and three wire clips included! Wow, tech you and your fabulous, do-it-all desk out.
17. The perfect tomato-slicing knife, which hundreds of reviewers are legit obsessed with. Notoriously difficult-to-slice fruits are no match for this wonder.
18. Grip Clean, a special soap that'll be a godsend for folks who work with their hands. It's designed to wash away substances like grease, oil, and ink, plus moisturize as it cleans so your hands aren't left raw.
Promising review: "AMAZING! My husband and I saw this on Shark Tank and he immediately had me order some for him and his family for Christmas! He works on the farm and has used every industrial-type soap available. This works better than ANYTHING on the market! And it’s natural! I even use it on my little artist (7-year-old) who constantly has paint/marker/glitter glue/etc. on her hands. It truly is amazing!" —M. Caudill
Get it from Amazon for $11.50.
19. Nostalgic and OMG-worthy Orly x Lisa Frank leopard nail wrap stickers to make up for all the Lisa Frank school supplies your mom refused to buy you as a kid. You're an adult now and it's time to make 12-year-old you proud.
20. An AirFly Pro device you can just pop into any headphone jack to easily pair your AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones with otherwise impossible to pair gadgets like exercise machines, airplane movie screens, or incompatible computers and phones.
21. A cute and clever three-in-one egg separator that'll be a livesaver for novice and frequent cooks alike. It's got two sizes of slots to fit on the edge of pretty much any bowl or pan, and it provides an edge for cracking the egg, keeps the shells out of the bowl, *and* separates whites and yolks. Yeah, it really goes the ~eggs~tra mile.
22. A super easy to put up and take down pet door made for sliding doors, because you want your doggo to have freedom to wander outside *sometimes* but not all the time. And you definitely don't want to deal with installing a regular doggy door. Plus, the opening on this one goes all the way to the ground, so senior fur babies won't have to step over anything.
23. A clever and cute car garbage can designed to fit in your cupholder and the other pockets of your car you've been using as if they were a trash can for years. Heads up — they're not, and this baby is much easier to empty and clean. Not to mention, you won't be embarrassed by the mess when giving friends a ride.
24. A sponge holder that doubles as a dish soap pump — just press down to immediately get the perfect amount of soap ready to use on your sponge, without making a sticky, sudsy mess of your sink area. Anything that makes doing the dishes a teeny bit less obnoxious is a win, amirite?
25. An amazing stain remover for concrete sure to have oil and grease stains belting out the melancholy refrain of a truly underrated Miley Cyrus bop. ♫ "So I guess the drivewayyyyyyyyy will be the end of the road..." ♫
FOR [STAINS] IT'S TOOOOOO LAAAATEEEE, LET THE CREDITS START TO RO-OOLLLL!!!!
Promising review: "This product worked like a miracle. Very easy to use. The oil stain in my driveway was over 18 months old. I read the reviews, so I cleaned my driveway with car wash solution first to open up the pores in the concrete, let it dry completely, shook the bottle really well, poured it on the concrete, took a push broom and pushed the liquid in the direction of the lines in the concrete to make sure it absorbed, and in the Vegas heat it dried completely from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Be patient and make sure it dries completely. I used the push broom and brushed away the powder residue and the biggest oil spot and others were gone. I ordered two more bottles to do the rest of my driveway. I think the key is to cleanse it first to loosen the oil, then use it. In three hours the 18-month-old oil spots were gone. I highly recommend this product." —Loves
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
26. A lockable, leak-proof travel dog water bottle so you can just press a button and let water flow into the little bowl to hydrate your pooch during walks, hikes, and hot days. No more sharing human water bottles with them, toting collapsible bowls, or trying to get them to slurp from hoses or water fountains.
27. The truly perfect travel hoodie you've been searching for basically as long as you've been traveling. This baby has a secure hidden pocket for must-haves like your phone or tickets, plus — wait for it — a built-in eye mask in the hood (!!!).
28. Arm & Hammer cat litter deodorizer, which is made with stink-busting baking soda to help save you from the stench of your catto's box. You love your kitty, but let's face it — that fuzzball can be nasty.
29. An easily portable (and even packable!) handheld steamer to save you trips to the cleaners and keep your favorite shirt looking like the day you bought it. "Hopelessly" wrinkled clothes may not be so hopeless after all.
30. Ingenious paint touch-up pens you can fill right from a can so the color will match your walls exactly, and you won't have to just live with that one chip or scratch that seems to be mocking you every time you pass it.
31. A pair of clever combs for removing all the crusty crust from around your pooch's eyes. Once those stubborn tear stains are gone, you might start crying some tears (of joy) of your own.
Promising review: "I have a 16-pound Pomeranian/Papillon mix, and she gets tear stains nonstop. I tried all kinds of wipes, oils, and washes, but they would barely get anything out. Sometimes the tear stains get crusty and I can't get them out at all. THESE ACTUALLY HELPED A LOT. The little teeth on them are just the right size for brushing through the crusty areas around her eyes, and then I just wipe the loose remains off easily. And my dog cooperates; she even likes it, I think. I would definitely recommend this product to small dog owners with similar issues. I feel like they would be even better if they were not as wide, but that's not too big of an issue. I still recommend them." —Lana D
Get a set of two from Amazon for $6.95.
32. The Safety Nailer, a game-changer for anyone who lives in constant fear of whacking their hands when they hammer. It's also great for anyone with dexterity issues!
It was invented by a former Navy safety officer!
Promising review: "I am teaching my daughters how to wield a hammer and this is the piece of equipment that is saving their fingers. Yes, we learn by experience, but this will keep them interested in helping me. Pain/smashed fingers tend to keep you off of learning a new skill. They seem to be strong; I grabbed one the day I got them and purposefully missed a few times and it saved my fingers. They are still in one piece and work fine. A bit time consuming to stop and drop a nail in every time, but worth it for small projects or for those who constantly smash their fingers." —Amazon Customer