18 Products I Don't Understand How You've Lived Your Whole Life Without
Game changing finds, all available through BuzzFeed Checkout.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Greetings, shoppers of BuzzFeed! ICYMI, our new BuzzFeed Checkout system allows you to shop multiple items from different retailers within in a post right through good ol' BuzzFeed. In case you're tired of opening everything you're interested in in a zillion new tabs!
1. The TubShroom, a possibly magical drain protector that tons of people swear by for making the process of cleaning their drain as easy and un-gag-worthy as possible. This version has a clear base and a chrome top, so it'll blend in super discreetly with your drain.
This thing collects all the icky loose hair neatly around it (at the bottom, so you can't see it when the TubShroom is in place), so all you have to do is wipe it off! It's super simple, yet so genius, you'll never want to be without one again.
2. A Dash electric popcorn maker, which'll not only look super cute on your countertop, but also totally revolutionize the way you make the best movie night snack. You don't need to rely on greasy, chemical-filled microwavable bags or even add any oil — this'll pop your kernels with just hot air.
And OMG, possibly the best part is the little dish on the top that provides a place to melt butter while the corn pops!!!
3. Glossier Boy Brow, a hypoallergenic, paraben-free brow shaping and filling gel that several of my coworkers LITERALLY never stop talking about — it's become a holy grail product and a must-have staple in their beauty routine.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor AnaMaria Glavan says, "The precision that is required to literally draw in an eyebrow is a feat of Da Vinci proportions — and no, I’m not being overdramatic. I have tried to use pencil brow liners and it looked like a 3-year-old drew on my face. But dilemma time: when I put on my foundation, I feel like my eyebrows blend into my skin. So what should a girl who cannot color inside the lines of her brows do? Here’s what I needed: an eyebrow filler that would very lightly enhance my eyebrows (I prefer a natural-looking makeup routine), act like gel for all the unruly hairs that live above my eyes, and have a brusher application that would make the ordeal an easy one. No pencils. Step in Boy Brow, a cult-favorite that is loved by everyone and their Insta-famous mothers. But believe the hype: this magic bottle is proof that not all heroes wear capes. The creamy formula, which comes in blond, black, clear, and brown (which is what I used!), goes on smoothly and doesn’t require a lot of product to do the job. One coat was more than enough! My facial caterpillars have never looked better." Check out her full Boy Brow review (#5).
4. A sleek and super durable Dagne Dover backpack that's a fan favorite for many reasons. It's made from hand-washable and quick-drying neoprene and has a laptop sleeve, a pouch for gym shoes, and pockets for pretty much everything else, too. There's even a strap to slide it over a suitcase handle. Yup, your other backpacks may be out of business — these people thought of everything.
5. A SodaStream, aka every seltzer lover's dream come true. No more buying sparkling water — this thing will save you money and cut down on can and bottle waste by turning regular water into sparkling water. All you have to do is press One. Single. Button. I think you can handle that!
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Abby Kass writes "I'm a huge fan of sparkling water. I've been drinking it for years. At one point, my roommate and I were each buying a six-pack every week so we'd never run out in our apartment. But then, I was introduced to the SodaStream, and my life was forever changed. Instead of having to buy cans or bottles of seltzer all the time, I can make it in seconds in my apartment and never run out. I also love how much better for the environment it is — I've reduced my plastic and aluminum consumption by a lot. I loved my SodaStream so much, that I told my mom (another sparkling water fan) about it and got her one for Christmas. This was great thinking on my behalf since I'm staying with my parents right now and get to use hers every day. It has made our lives a bit easier because we don't have to get cases of water from the grocery store, which saves us money and strength because we don't have to carry them home." Check out her full SodaStream review.
6. A (*gasp*) stylish bamboo version of the Squatty Potty able to do the same ~doodie~ (help you assume a squatting posture that makes going number two less strenuous) as the original, while looking way more posh. You'll wonder how you ever pooped without it.
7. Game-changing Rubbermaid Freshworks containers, which may come with the side effect of making it even harder to remember the last time you went to the grocery store — when your produce still looks perfect and ripe after over a week, who's to say? Follow up question: Um, why have you been wasting money buying fresh fruits and veggies every week instead of just investing in these?
8. A set of six *reusable* wool dryer balls to upgrade your laundry game and make it a bit more sustainable. They can help fluff and soften and even reduce drying time by half, not to mention make dryer sheets obsolete.
9. As-seen-on-Shark-Tank Drop Stop seat gap fillers, which are basically superheroes disguised as pieces of neoprene. They'll rescue your phone, keys, and change from falling into the abyss between your car seats ever damn day. Why aren't all cars just made like this???
10. A 3-in-1 avocado tool — aka a splitter, de-pitter, and slicer all in one — that avocado lovers everywhere can't stop ~gauc~-ing about.
I have this, love it, and use it all the time. TBH, I pretty much only use the splitter knife and very rarely the slicer, but as a clumsy kitchen novice, it's worth it to me even just to not have to break out a super sharp knife every time I want to eat an avocado (which is often).
11. Bar Keepers Friend, an amazingly affordable all-purpose liquid cleaner that looks seemingly "permanent" stains in the eye and laughs in their faces. There's no mess you can't take on now.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kayla Suazo swears by this and writes, "Holy heck, where has this been my whole life?! The soft cleanser was able to erase awful water burns on my stove. I couldn't believe my own eyes. When I say I had tried everything to clean this stove, I mean it. After two minutes of working the liquid in with a non-scratch scrubbing cloth, the stains started to vanish." Check out her full Bar Keepers Friend review!
12. A classic lip balm from cult-fave brand Keihl's sure to put your usual balm to shame. It's got super hydrating and softening ingredients like aloe, vitamin E, and squalane, so it'll actually soothe your kisser like it says it will — it's not just paying ~lip service~.
Yes, it is literally servicing your lips. But you know what I mean.
13. A set of two super clever egg poaching tools that are easy to pop in and out of a pot and even mark what the water level should be. Your eggs may be poached, but all your future brunch prep will be ~over easy~.
They're BPA-free and dishwasher safe!
14. A practically perfect little black dress, which everyone needs in their life (and their closet). This one has a versatile knee length, romantic cap sleeves, and is made from an easy-to-care-for (read: machine-washable) scuba knit.
15. A useful and luxe lap desk, because you've been working at home for over a year now and need a change of venue (even if said change is just from the kitchen table to the couch). This portable wonder has several smart features to help turn said couch into your office, including a wrist rest, phone stand, mousepad area, and elastic band to hold pens and other small supplies.
16. A hilarious but genius Bacon Bin — a silicone strainer and container made just for oil and grease. Let it cool in here, freeze, or save for future cooking purposes instead of pouring hot oil down (and wreaking havoc upon) your poor drain. This is one product I'm not sure how your *sink* survived without all this time.
17. A Glossier skincare set for dry skin, which is basically the perfect skincare routine you've been working for years to develop all in one prepackaged set. After all that, turns out all you had to do was hit "add to cart."
The set includes the brand's Milky Jelly Cleanser (a pH-balanced daily face wash), Priming Moisturizer (which hydrates, plumps, and just generally leaves you glowing), and Balm Dotcom (an antioxidant-rich skin and lip salve).