27 Pieces Of Furniture People Will Think You Paid More Than 500 Bucks For (But You Didn't)
In case after 10 years Jessie J's message still hasn't sunk in — forget about the price tag.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An elegant little velvet loveseat to bring some Bridgerton vibes to your space and give you somewhere to swoon over your many suitors.
Promising review: "I’ve been looking at loveseats for almost a month now to ensure I found the perfect one. This is definitely it!!!! The size is perfect for a small space, I love the color and fabric, and the style has a '50s vibe, which I’m all about!! Definitely a good buy!!!" —Kristina Powers
Get it from Amazon for $439.99+ (available in five colors and also available as a chair).
2. A sleek faux-leather-cushioned bar stool you can actually score a *whole set* of for under 500 bucks. The home bar or kitchen of your dreams is within your budget after all.
3. A faux-wood bed frame that looks convincingly real *and* is easy to build — a quality that's truly priceless.
4. An incredible wood mosaic coffee table for anyone who'd like to set their cup (with a coaster!!!), laptop, and book down on a true work of art. Or just stare at it and never put anything on it at all — that's a very valid option, too.
5. A faux-leather couch you can convert into a futon when you have guests over — and you *will* want to have guests over so there are more people to compliment it.
6. A cool cabinet with open and closed shelving so you can display knickknacks you want to show off to the world and stylishly cover the clutter you don't.
Promising review: "Looks so much more expensive once you put it together! It looked so cheap when I pulled it out of the box in pieces. I was super worried it would look cheap put together. BOY WAS I WRONG. This thing looks like I spent at least double the price. All of my friends compliment me on it. It's a really great piece for the price!" —Sara D
Get it from Amazon for $181.30+ (available in two colors).
7. A gold-leg writing desk that's so chic, I feel like it should be used for starting a full-on social media empire, not just my usual workday routine of typing long emails while getting Milano crumbs everywhere.
Promising review: "I have a small office that needed a small desk. I also wanted a look that wasn't 'office-y.' This little desk is perfect. It holds a lamp, a plant, a photo, and a candle on the corners with room for my laptop and paperwork on the rest of the surface. The two drawers are adequate. It would also be a great console table in a hallway or a vanity in a bedroom if you hung a mirror above it." —WordGirl
Get it from Amazon for $169.99+ (available in two colors).
8. A luxury resortworthy tasseled canopy chair I want to curl up in with a book ASAP. Currently attempting to dive into my screen and insert myself into the below photo.
9. A downright regal mid-century modern chest of drawers with glam gold accents, because even your underwear deserves to reside in the lap of luxury.
10. An industrial metal and wood bookcase that ~wood~ look extra posh covered in some cute plants and pottery and is the perfect way to complete a rustic-chic office, living room, or kitchen.
11. A retro metal-framed bed that looks like something straight out of that cozy bed-and-breakfast in the Berkshires you've been dreaming of escaping to. Having this to collapse onto every night is the next best thing (especially if you can get your S.O. to bring you breakfast in bed).
Promising review: "Can't say enough good things about this frame. Very beautiful, elegant and sturdy, looks like an expensive antique. Was easy to assemble. Definitely a great addition to my New England antique home. Pictures do not do this bed justice. Highly recommend." —Anne S
Get it from Amazon for $375+ (available in three sizes and three colors).
12. A hip striped wood desk ready to serve as the ideal backdrop in that pic of your laptop, planner, glasses, and coffee mug you're planning to post on Instagram instead of actually working.
13. A pair of tufted and studded dining chairs I honestly think would look right at home in fancy-schmancy mansion. Or the kitchen table in your apartment — same difference.
Promising review: "These chairs are gorgeous and exactly what I’d been looking for at half the cost. They arrived well packaged despite some damage to both boxes. They were easy to assemble and seem to be well made and of good quality. Although I was a little bummed about the shipping cost, these chairs look great in my dining area!" —Theresa
Get a set of two from Amazon for $239.99+ (with $43.99 shipping; available in four colors).
14. A pretty much perfect patio set featuring a two-seater sofa, chair, and ottoman that can be combined into a sectional or broken up, plus a glass-topped table. Hello, lounge area of your dreams (or replacement for the outdoor furniture you were too hard on this summer) in one single purchase.
15. A glam faux-marble coffee table that could pass for the real deal — at a price that ~rocks~.
Promising review: "Looks expensive and beautiful! It looks heavy and like real marble. Obviously if you touch it or look up close you’ll find tiny flaws, however my BF and I have low lighting in our apartment so doubtful anyone will notice haha. In the process of redesigning my living room and this is the perfect coffee table. So far I love it. Price was on the cheaper side so obviously I don’t expect it to last forever. But as of right now, no complaints." —Nichole
16. An artsy and mod knotted velvet bar stool giving me major "if a Bottega Veneta clutch were a chair" vibes. Guests will ~knot~ leave your home without complimenting it.
17. A cozy recliner in faux leather or velvet, because you shouldn't have to wait to go home to your parents' house for Thanksgiving to watch TV in a recliner chair. Besides, your dad never shares his anyway.
18. A beautifully minimal sideboard with a sliding door so you can keep eyesores out of sight *or* keep the door open to show off cute kitchenware, decor, or collectibles.
19. An ornate metal and velvet bench that wouldn't look at all out of place in a 5-star hotel room. You're gonna need a place to rest your room service tray...er, tray full of takeout containers.
20. A sleek all-in-one dresser, desk, bookshelf, and TV stand, because small spaces can still have big style. This would be a game changer in a dorm or apartment.
21. A beyond cozy-looking convertible loveseat with an adjustable back *and* arms so you can make it into whatever you need, from a place to sleep to a place to binge Ted Lasso. Honestly, you'd have gladly paid double or triple for your new favorite piece of furniture.
Promising review: "Assembly consists of putting the legs on. I couldn’t have been happier. It is a great value and pretty sturdy. It has been a wonderful addition to the home office my daughter and I share, and the covering sheds pet fur nicely, which, given we have three dogs, is great because we don’t wear dog fur as soon as we sit down." —J Spillman
Get it from Amazon for $399.99 (available in five colors).