Just 26 Delightful Pool Floats You'll Want To Own Before Summer Ends
These babies are basically joy in inflatable form, so you're sure to find one that ~floats~ your boat (or, er, your body).
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The giant pool flamingo of your dreams, which doesn't actually require a Taylor Swift Fourth of July Party-level budget.
Ahhh, remember the good old days of Taylor throwing celeb pool parties? Simpler times. Anywho, my family has one just like this (I do believe it's the exact same one but my mom found it at the grocery store lol). Her name is Janice and she is huge. Like two-adults-can-easily-fit-on-her, she-is-actually-comfy, you-could-read-a-book-or-take-a-nap-or-have-a-drink-on-her HUGE. The handles are great for getting on her and floating around, and she feels very sturdy and durable. She's lasted several summers and she's definitely an upgrade from the awesome-but-smaller Janice #1 floaty flamingo we used to have.
Promising review: "I named her Rizzo the pink lady, and I love her. I didn't realize, until my husband pointed out the dimensions post-purchase, that this float if huge! I'm 5-foot-10 and I easily fit on this thing! Two people my size would easily fit. She's perfect for sunbathing. My nephews are obsessed, and she took a beating with all three of them leaping on her, but held up great." —Kara Q
Get it from Amazon for $44.99.
2. And speaking of T-Swift's 1989 era, a cheeky Polaroid camera-inspired float for the most self-aware of swimmers. We all know half the reason you're shopping for a cute float is to post it on Instagram, so might as well embrace it.
3. A roomy inflatable boat with a section for lounging and riding, plus a small spot up front that's ideal for stashing water bottles or furry, four-legged stowaways.
Promising review: "IMPRESSED!! HUGE!!!!!! We got this for the pool and ended up taking it to the ocean! We had a great time towing the family! At one point we had two adults and four kids in it. We ended up with a leak at the windshield seam (our fault for over-loading) — fixed with a patch and continued our shenanigans. This is a super fun float for the family or to just float and relax...if your kids let you have a turn." —Creative Hags
Get it from Amazon for $37.95.
4. A giant rainbow cloud island float that may be the only island getaway you and your friends are able to take this summer, but guess what? It makes for one super fabulous staycation.
It's from family-owned, Venice Beach, California-based small business Funboy, which makes a huge selection of quirky and stylish pool floats. The ethically-minded company makes their products without harmful chemicals, in factories paying fair wages, and donates to charities providing people with clean water.
Promising review: "The shape is very fun and eye-catching. The kids love playing on it. The size is perfect for two young teens. The rainbow cloud is bigger than my twins’ bed. My kids have taken it over — I just hope I get a turn. Inflation and deflation are quick with the large value openings. The floats are made with a thick material and are very sturdy. The handles built into the float makes getting on one very easy, as well as making it easy to move if ever necessary. Storage is great, as it deflates quickly and folds up tightly. It comes with a repair patch, so I know I'll be using it for summers to come. Please be aware that this float is huge and you need a big pool for it. Recommended." —M. JEFFREY MCMAHON
Get it from Amazon for $139.
5. A clever pretzel float for chillaxing and taking the cutest possible pics with your BFF or your Auntie Anne.
My family had one of these several years back and it was a huge hit! It's perfectly designed for up to two people to lounge in, and the twists and holes give you tons of options for how to sit in/on it. It's great for hot days when you want to float but also want to be mostly submerged in the cool water, and it's just so quirky and fun! Pretzels are one of my go-to snacks so it was a must-have.
Promising review: "This is the best float ever!!! It's a tad hard to inflate but nothing wild. My son and I love this because we can both float together and I can even put my legs through the third hole to lie back and float. I'd definitely buy this again; it's so cute and seems pretty sturdy." —steph & tom
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
6. A posh peacock who'll look so zoo-tiful in your pool. Bonus points if you pose on him in a color-coordinated swimsuit for a true "birds of a feather" moment.
7. A whimsical mermaid tail float that definitely needs to be ~part of your world.~ It'll give you the flexibility to rock a gorgeous tail but then slide out and reveal your...what's that word again? Oh, feet.
Promising review: "So much fun and it’s not just a cheaply made novelty toy that’s fun for a few pics. It’s actually made well and a great size. When I was getting into the water with it, everyone was cracking up! It will definitely get everyone’s attention and get them laughing. It was such a hit that before I knew it; my son and his friends were taking it over!!! Get it, you won’t regret it. It is made for adults, not kids, and if I had to say anything negative about it it would be that it didn’t have cup holders or handles. I would probably just use it in a pool or a very calm river." —Molly P.
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in two colors).
8. A fantastical fire-breathing dragon float you'll find yourself ~dragon~ out of the garage every pool day, because it's sure to become your fam's new fave.
I am always obsessed with the Sun Squad line of ridiculously adorable and affordable summery outdoor goods Target drops every year.
Promising review: "Had to give this a review. This is the best and coolest float Sun Squad has ever made and your kids will love it." —OaktownS
Get it from Target for $15.
9. An exceedingly Instagrammable Funboy printed tube, which would pair perfectly with your new high-waisted bikini and a piña colada.
Promising review: "The float is much bigger than I thought it would be. You definitely need some type of air pump to fill it. That being said, I've had it almost a month and haven't had to refill the air once. It's been very hot outside so it is hot to the touch in the pool, but if you flip it over, it seems to be fine. It's very comfortable and fits my 5'9" frame comfortably when I lie on top of it or float inside of it." —KristinW
Get it from Amazon for $37.84+ (available in 17 prints).
10. A ginormous unicorn that'll fulfill all your summer fantasies. Okay, except for maybe that one about you joining Connor B. on Bachelor in Paradise and sneaking off somewhere...but who's to say that couldn't also involve a unicorn floatie?
See those reviewers above, Connor? That could be us.
Promising review: "Not what I expected...but, WOW! This is super big and super cool. Quick to inflate using an electric air pump and deflates just as quickly for storage. The material seems to be high-quality and thick, which should add to its sturdiness. It looks so great floating in the pool and we are having a blast using it. My grandson thinks it's the greatest!" —Joanne Link
Get it from Amazon for $36.99.
11. An amazing avocado floatie, which comes with a removable pit that doubles as a beach ball. ~Guac~ about combining form and function.
Multiple reviewers also used this to use as a bed to sleep on after BBL procedures!
Promising review: "Y'all know that a lot of pool floats don't survive even one summer of heavy use. Well, our avocado float is on its second summer now and showing no signs of giving up! It does need re-inflating after a couple of days just to puff it back up; it's not losing more air than you'd expect of an inexpensive float at all. And that's with two adults and three tween/teenagers using it almost every day. It's hilarious and huge, and we've had a lot of fun with the pit ball too! I would absolutely buy this again. I've thought about buying a second one just to have a backup for whenever something does happen to this one, as it's the family favorite out of a LOT of pool floats over the years!" —M. E.
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
12. A rainbow wheel, because your family will find endless silly games to play with it. It's so awesome that when you think of a "rainbow wheel" from now on, it'll conjure images of fun, not pure rage at the tiny spinning version that sometimes pops up on your Mac.
Promising review: "So glad I purchased this wheel. I am happy to say that after five hours of continuous use by nine small children, it was still fully inflated. It was the pool toy everyone wanted to play with. I am glad I purchased this. It was easy and fast to inflate with a hand pump. I highly recommend it." —Chloe Augustus
Get it from Amazon for $32.99.
13. A doggone hilarious wiener dog pool tube sure to have everyone dachs-hounding you to find out where you got it.
Promising review: "This float is absolutely adorable. It is very easy to inflate if you have an air pump. I love how the valve lets air in but not out — makes it so easy to inflate. I am an owner of dachshunds so I absolutely love it. As you can tell from the pictures it is a very large float." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
14. A sweet heart float that comes with a custom decal you can stick on to make it perfect for ~splashy~ celebrations.
This Tustin, California-based small biz specializes in bridal party gifts and goodies!
Promising review: "The pool float was such a hit. My best friend (the bride) was so obsessed with it, along with the whole bridal party. This is such a cute pool float that makes the perfect addition to the bachelorette party." —meagan blaier
15. A fearsome T. rex sure to go down in (pre)history as the most awesome float ever to roam your swimming hole.
Promising review: "Where has this been all my life? This glorious dinosaur was the only thing holding me back from a full 2020 breakdown. I named him Wallace and you bet he acts like a grizzly 60-million-year-old 'back in my day when there were no humans' war veteran. Inflated this majestic beast to be my partner down a lazy river journey and he immediately came alive; asking how his oil was being used to serve the technology boom and how proud his father would be. When I informed him that he was an inflatable dinosaur for drunk college kids to rodeo on, he got so upset that he dumped me over backward into the river with a full Coors in my hand. If you're looking for that ancient grandfather figure to scrutinize your every life decision and tell you 'back in my day' stories that you truly cannot relate to in any way, then look no more, you've found him." —Lindsay
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in two colors).
16. An absolutely incredible purse float that anyone who has both a pool and an impeccable sense of style is sure to feel a serious Birkin-ship with.
Okay fine, that pun is a little Her-messy since this looks more like a Kelly than a Birkin, but let me live!
Promising review: "Absolutely love this purse float! It’s big enough for two people! So very relaxing and a lot of ways to lie on it. The best float by far I’ve ever bought, and the sturdiness of it is superb." —Layne
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
17. A watermelon-themed mini hammock to give kids and adults alike a relaxing way to float around in (Harry) style(s). Yup, it's a ♫ watermelon sugar high ♫.
18. An unbelievably awesome Snorlax float you should literally sleep on, but definitely shouldn't sleep on purchasing.
Promising review: "My dad has always said Snorlax is his favorite because it reminds him of me (thanks, dad). Now that I've moved out, I thought it would be fitting to give this to him as a Father's Day gift. The first thing he did was lie in it in the living room and state it would make an impressive raft due to its quality. Now, whenever there's a pool party, there's a giddiness in his eyes when he drags Snorlax out, and people fight for a turn on this guy. Safe to say this float is extremely worth the price, the laughs, and the photos of my dad enjoying himself. Thank you!" —Wardell T.
Get it from Pokémon Center for $59.99.
19. An inflatable wet ski pool toy for the kiddos who beg for a real Jet Ski but don't seem to understand the limited size of your backyard pool (and budget).
20. A cute horse tube with a chair-like back cushion and rope attachments so your bestie can grab ahold as you float around the pool or even down a river. Ride the waves and pretend you're Jessica Springsteen jumping on her steed at the Olympics. Giddy up!
Promising review: "I bought the horse for a vacation and I enjoyed it a lot. This pony was a hit — I used it in the hotel pool and it was very easy to inflate and deflate. It's huge, and I really liked the built-in cup holder. I would definitely recommend and it's definitely worth the price." —Green raccoon
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (also available in a duck version).
21. An OMG-worthy floaty narwhal you should purchase if nautical nonsense is something you wish. Then drop on his back and flop on this fish...er, aquatic mammal!!!
Promising reviews: "Totally obsessed with my narwhal (and so are my friends and social media). He's so comfy! I was a little nervous as an adult, but it's very comfortable for me to float on — it took a couple tries but once I figured out the balance, it's very stable. In my opinion this toy would likely be comfy for anyone up to ~200 lbs. High quality, thick material and I blew it up in maybe three minutes with my hairdryer." —Heather
"Every morning I see him in the pool and I say, 'Good morning, Mr. Narwhal!' and he always says, 'Hi Bob, hope you find your dad!' Not sure what that means, but he does his job well and entertains us all." —Bob
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
22. Fruit-themed inflatable tubes that give new meaning to the term "fruit loops" and will add a little vitamin C ("C" for "cute," that is) to your pool.
23. A personalized glitter tube, because you're tired of the whole family fighting over who gets what floatie during pool days. This one *literally* has your name on it, so you can call dibs for eternity.
24. A covered disco raft float that is basically an inflatable pool party and is giving me major Love Island villa vibes.
25. A gigantic and hilarious cat face float ready to ~whisker~ you away to a tropical paradise.
It's got handy handles right below the ears!
Promising review: "A friend sent me a link to this float as a joke, since I like cats, but I immediately purchased two for an upcoming lake trip. The kids LOVED them! My daughter immediately grabbed the first one and ran to the water and it's the perfect size. Eventually the kids got canoe paddles and were paddling themselves all over the place on these floats. Over the course of the week, just about everyone ended up using them, even the adults, and they held up perfectly! The floats themselves are adorable, of course, but they're also very durable. The plastic is thick but supple, the handles are very sturdy and well-anchored. The float has two valves for inflation, and I would recommend an air pump rather than trying to blow them up with lung power as they take quite a bit of air. They barely leaked even after multiple days of play on the water. A definite hit!" —jeninmaine
Get it from Amazon for $34.95.