Just 32 Of The Most Gorgeous Floral Dresses You Can Get On The Internet
Name a part of summer better than twirling in the perfect floral dress on a sunny day, I'll wait.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A ridiculously romantic smocked midi you can smock...er, rock off the shoulder or on for an on-trend cottagecore vibe either way. Hello, perfect summer 2021 dress, come off my Insta feed and into my closet.
Reviewers say it generally runs true to size but a bit on the looser side.
Promising review: "This dress was made for me. Listen, guys, saying this dress is beautiful is such an understatement. Listen, it's the middle of the night and I'm feeling myself. Just wait till it's morning; the looks I'm serving all of you! Update: So I ended up buying three different colors of these dresses. I just loved them all. It's like the designer thought of me when they made these dresses! The material feels great on my body. The upper part is stretchy and fits very well." —Olive Bukuru
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes XS-XL and in eight colors).
2. A high fashion halter maxi everyone will be convinced you picked up at a fancy department store. But nope — it's just got blooming flowers, not a Bloomingdale's price tag.
3. A dramatic boho maxi with its own fan club — it's got over 2,900 positive reviews!!!
The buttons stop around your knee, so the bottom's free to swish around as you twirl in the breeze.
Promising review: "I bought this dress on a whim and was a little skeptical about it, but I shouldn't have been. I've never received so many compliments on a dress before. I wore it on a trip to the Biltmore Estate with my husband and in-laws, and we honestly couldn't get through the day without someone stopping me every few minutes to ask where I got my dress or to tell me how gorgeous it was. It flowed beautifully on that windy day. I'm so obsessed with it, I even bought two more in different colors. I highly recommend it!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $35.99+ (available in sizes XS-XXL and in 27 prints).
4. A pink eyelet stunner from Reese Witherspoon's brand Draper James that is giving me extreme "Elle Woods meets cottagecore" energy.
Promising review: "You know that dress that you put on because it's easy but instantly makes you feel like you are all put together...this is that dress. Sandals, flip flops, heels...it all works. I love the length as a short gal." —Amy P.
Get it from Draper James for $175 (available in sizes 1X–3X).
5. A beachy wrap dress in a gorgeous mixed floral print to help you start a ~pattern~ of great and confidence-boosting summer style.
Promising review: "I have never been more excited to write a review. Being short and curvy, I find it’s really hard to find something that fits. This dress fit like a glove and made me look absolutely beautiful. Even my 16-year-old son said so, and you know how hard it is to get compliments out of a 16-year-old boy. So I ordered two more." —Kimberly Jenkins
Get it from Amazon for $36.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and in 19 patterns).
6. A sweet mini with romantic pastel blooms just begging to be paired with your favorite sneakers and worn to brunch. Just don't drop any avocado toast on it.
Beginning Boutique is a woman-owned Australian shop with a huge selection of trendy clothes!
Get it from Beginning Boutique for $59.99 (available in sizes 0–12).
7. A ruffled floral midi so stunning, it could easily pass for designer. Plus, it's the perfect length to show off some equally fabulous shoes.
Promising review: "I can’t say enough good things about this dress! I love it!! The fit is amazing. The material is lovely. The top, front, and bottom of the dress are lined with a light material, which is perfect. You still get the flowy feel. I just want to twirl around in this dress. My young adult daughter loves it as well!! I couldn’t be happier. It will be my go-to dress this summer!" —Carla J. Reid
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in six colors).
8. A mixed print cotton wonder showing us that florals and polka dots are the iconic duo we didn't know we needed. *Truly* groundbreaking.
9. A cute-as-a-~button~ fit-and-flare dress here to spare you the trouble of having to pull on both a top and a skirt in the morning. You can use all that extra time to check yourself out in the mirror. 😍
Promising review: "I cannot express in words how much I love this dress. It’s perfect and super professional. Love wearing to work because it’s a little past the knees and has this '70s retro vibe. Love love love it!" —RaineandMatt
Get it from Amazon for $28.90 (available in sizes S-XL and in 14 colors and prints).
10. A smocked and tiered maxi by LoveShackFancy, aka the makers of the stunning, splurge worthy, It-factor floral dresses that I've been drooling over since last summer. The cottagecore-meets-modern vibes are sure to have you crying ~tiers~ of joy.
11. A faux-wrap dress that's really cute for everything from work to a wedding.
Promising review: "I bought this dress for a professional conference in a few weeks. The dress looks perfect. It goes to my knees and the chest area is very modest and appropriate for my conference, but if I throw on a statement necklace it could just as easily be something I wear to a musical or nice event. The fabric doesn’t stick to anything, and I’m pleasantly surprised at how thick the material is. I don't need a slip or undershirt." —Skye C.
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes 14–26 and in 25 styles, including some with 3/4 sleeves).
12. A double-slit off the shoulder maxi, because the hottest days of the season need the hottest outfit to match.
Some reviewers recommend sizing up!
Promising review: "Never before have I ever gasped when I've tried a dress on before, but I did with this dress. The pictures don't do it justice. The material is soft and very lightweight. I love the slits on both sides of the dress; it makes the dress feel modest but sexy. The only negative thing I will say is that the arms are a bit tight, but it doesn't bother me too much. All in all, I absolutely love this dress and plan to buy more colors!" —Tracisgoodfellow
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes S-3XL and in 23 prints).
13. A cheerful and timeless fit-and-flare swing dress ready to prove once and for all that yellow and purple are a truly underrated color combo. Plus, instant smiles from everyone you pass are included free of charge.
I've been thinking about this cotton-spandex (read: it has a little stretch!) wonder for days and I think it's finally time I ordered it. It even has pockets!
Get it from ModCloth for $99 (available in sizes S–4X).
14. Or a chic tie-front maxi that continues to explore this important color theory.
Some reviewers recommend sizing down!
Promising review: This dress fit perfectly! It was comfortable, flowy, and just the look I was going for to celebrate my 40th birthday. I received so many compliments." —Marie M.
Get it from Eloquii for $139.95 (available in sizes 14–28 and in six colors and prints).
15. A flirty spaghetti-strap, tie front cutie sure to become the new star of your Instagram (besides you, of course).
The straps are adjustable. Also, note that the tie is just for show on some styles, but on others it's real!
Promising review: "This dress was the best online purchase of a dress in my life!!!!! It’s a perfect fit! It’s beautiful!!! Very flowy and I am sooooo shocked that this online purchase was so successful, because usually clothes don't fit me when I buy them online." —Mariam
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 32 colors and prints).
16. A sweet sheer-paneled, collared tunic dress with floral embroidery that's equally fabulous with or without a belt and that you're sure to get ~sew~ many compliments on.
Promising review: "The most amazing dress ever! Dress was a bit loose for my taste but with a belt, it looks amazing. Everyone loves it and it even looks good with boots! The flower pattern is very vibrant and well-made. Honestly it’s worth the money." —Tiarra Perez
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes L–4X and in four colors)
18. A fun and summery maxi to help you make such an entrance, no one will be able to give you the ~cold shoulder~ even if they wanted to.
Promising review: "I never leave reviews but...wow! Get yourself this dress! I cannot recommend it enough! I'm working through a lot of self-esteem issues, but this dress made me feel BEAUTIFUL, sexy, and confident. All things I haven't felt in a while. Seriously, wearing it I felt like an ethereal wood nymph roaming the streets of Paris. It definitely gave me a much-needed confidence boost." —BRENDA RODRIGUEZ
Get it from Amazon for $36.99 (available in sizes L-3XL and in 10 styles).
19. A sweetly floral embroidered bell sleeve frock guaranteed to make you the belle of the ball.
Promising review: "This dress is beautiful! It's made of a really nice material that's thick and not see-through at all. The embroidery on the chest and sleeves is almost perfect. It hits at a great length — it's not too short and not too long. There are so many different ways you can wear this dress, from dressing it up for a wedding with some heels to wearing it to a BBQ with some flats or sandals. I will definitely be recommending this dress and wearing it a lot!" —Kelsey
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes XS-XXL and in six styles).
21. A sultry floral brocade slip dress that'd be equally fab on its own with strappy heels as it would tossed over a tee and paired with sneakers.
22. A bright and flowery number, which is honestly one of the most perfect, appropriate-for-all-occasions, great-for-all-body-types, fit-and-flare dresses I've ever seen. No wonder it has over 4,000 positive reviews!
Check out BuzzFeed's full write-up on this dress.
Promising review: "This dress had me at pockets! What a great dress, especially for work! It has pockets on both sides, a work-appropriate hemline, and the material is the kind where you can sit for hours, but it'll never show a wrinkle! With wedges, it's the perfect outfit for work: comfy and practical yet classy." —AprilAries
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S-3XL and in 32 prints).
24. A possibly perfect strappy midi with pockets that you should probably buy in every print, floral and otherwise — it's ready to become your sunny day uniform.
Check out BuzzFeed's full write-up on this dress.
Promising review: "If you've heard good things about this dress, they're true! I'm one of those people who never writes reviews. I found this dress through a BuzzFeed article and couldn't resist the white sunflower one. The material is stretchy and just fits your body so well. I didn't have any problems with it being see-through while I was wearing light grey underwear. The length is cute, it hugs you in the right spots, and the buttons are fake so they stay uniform all the way down. It's stretchy across the back of the bodice, so bigger-chested people would love this. My mom and I have completely different body types and the large fits us both amazingly! I'm definitely going to try to order as many prints as I can!" —Courtney Clark
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 34 colors and prints).
25. A knockout embellished mini so you can show off a gorgeous bouquet on your sleeves — it'll be ~sheer~ perfection.
26. A groovy and graphic gown you could dress up with heels or down with chunky sandals. Either way, prepare to make everyone's eyes pop(py).
Autumn Adeigbo is a Black woman-owned designer fashion brand and my current style obsession. Her bold, cheerful, and glam clothing is made to order in female-owned factories and facilities and her clothes and accessories have been rocked by the likes of Amanda Gorman, Kerry Washington, Busy Philipps, and Mindy Kaling. Hi yes hello, I would like to join the club.
Get it from Autumn Adeigbo for $418 (available in sizes 00–16).
27. A gorgeous watercolor floral maxi that brings so much drama, Andy Cohen is gonna want to talk about it.
The ribbon belt is removable so you can also cinch it with a belt of your own or opt for a boho vibe and (*extremely Elsa voice*) let it flow, let it flow!!!
Promising review: "This dress is so incredibly gorgeous. I've been very into the high neckline trend. I'm 5'4" and it's about two or three inches from the ground, so I can wear it with flats or heels without worrying about it getting dirty. I love that it comes with a little matching string to tie at the waist for a more fitted look. It's so comfortable and flowy. It's exactly what I was looking for and the colors are gorgeous. :)" —Paisley
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes M–XXL, S-L petite, and L–XXL tall and in 28 styles, including some with sleeves).
28. A pretty pleat-detail shift with a simple and effortless shape (just pair with sandals for an instant weekend or date outfit) but a standout hue that'll make everyone swoon.
Confetti Boutique is an adorable and affordable woman-owned shop based in Owensboro, Kentucky
Get it from Confetti Boutique for $42 (available in sizes XL–2X).