Twitter began as a mass texting tool back at a time before most people had smartphones. You can still use Twitter by SMS and get notifications sent to you by text. There are still plenty of people who happily tweet this way, in the year 2012.
However, some people are confused when they start getting the texts from Twitter, and think it’s someone harassing them. This is one of the most enjoyable things to see on Twitter — people raging out against the anonymous machine of texts, these Don Quixotes against their sea of SMS windmills.
These are his only two tweets, ever.
15. And then there are these accounts that changed their name to “StopTextingMe”
What’s great about these accounts is that they all have either 0 tweets or just a few. It appears someone set up the account, got annoyed by the SMS messages, couldn’t figure out how to make them stop, and went so far as to change their profile name to “StopTextingMe.”
What’s great is that this happened often enough that people have had to go all the way up to 20 in adding a number after the user name.
These are older than 2012, but they’re a great chapter of The History of People Not Understanding Twitter.
Seriously, leave Megan alone.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.