Think back to 2009. Doesn’t seem all that long ago, right? But what if I said “Sum 41 had their own Denny’s sandwich”? Now it seems really far in the past, right?
Back in the late aughts, Denny’s launched a menu aimed at young late-night snackers called “Denny’s Allnighter,” featuring signature dishes endorsed by various popular bands at the time. There was a decided pop-punk lean to the bands selected.
Take a deep breath in, and whisper “Hoooooooooobastank” as you exhale. Now let’s examine some of the playbill for this high-calorie menu:
6. Good Charlotte’s “Band of Burritos”
According to a Denny’s press release from 2009: “Available in two varieties, this dish comes as a vegetarian-friendly Boca® Burrito or a Smoked Chicken Burrito with shredded cheese, sliced mushrooms, fire-roasted peppers and onions and spicy mayo. Both are served with tortilla chips and ranch dressing.”
10. Plain White T’s “Plain White Shake”
A vanilla milkshake with cheesecake, whipped cream, and white chocolate chips. Very clever.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀