Jilleen Liao took this video of an impromptu rave in NYC’s Tompkin’s Square Park in 2007 but didn’t post it online for a few years. It’s a stunning artifact of what is undoubtedly one of the top two worst raves that ever occured in broad daylight in the year 2007. We’re just lucky she was there at the right moment to capture it.
Here are some of the best moments for your gif pleasure.
2. This witchy woman with a wooden staff:
4. This Gandalf feeling the beat:
6. This ruffian caught in a windstorm:
7. But clearly, the hero of the rave is this unimpressed kid:
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.
- A Baltimore officer was found not guilty of charges stemming from Freddie Gray's death in police custody last year.