17. Joe Smith: How to use a paper towel
Description: You use paper towels to dry your hands every day, but chances are, you’re doing it wrong. In this enlightening and funny short talk, Joe Smith reveals the trick to perfect paper towel technique.
Why it’s awful: SHAKE. FOLD. That’s it, for four minutes. Pretty sure he wastes like 12 paper towels in this demonstration, too.
21. BONUS GRIPE: By the way, the TED site itself is pretty broken:
Videos often have trouble loading, and when you browse for talks from older conferences, the pages look like this hot mess above.
Additional reporting by Allison McCann
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- Cuba is preparing to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23-year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂