17. Joe Smith: How to use a paper towel
Description: You use paper towels to dry your hands every day, but chances are, you’re doing it wrong. In this enlightening and funny short talk, Joe Smith reveals the trick to perfect paper towel technique.
Why it’s awful: SHAKE. FOLD. That’s it, for four minutes. Pretty sure he wastes like 12 paper towels in this demonstration, too.
21. BONUS GRIPE: By the way, the TED site itself is pretty broken:
Videos often have trouble loading, and when you browse for talks from older conferences, the pages look like this hot mess above.
Additional reporting by Allison McCann
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.