According to NPR, the upcoming edition of the the American Psychiatric Association’s DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) will put “pathological grooming” in the same category as obsessive compulsive disorder. Pathological grooming includes nail biting, hair pulling, and skin picking.
Previously, these were in a category called “not otherwise classified”. The new proposal puts obsessive grooming in the same category of obsessive compulsive behavior along with other things like hoarding and body dysmorphia disorders.
Bad news for me, since I’ve always had some sort of nervous habit that I thought was perfectly normal.
2. I’m a cuticle biter (ew)
My actual gross middle finger (please excuse chipped nail polish).
4. What kind of bad habits do you have?
Add yours in the comments!
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭