1. When you open the camera to take a photo and it's on front camera.
2. When your phone shut downs at 17% battery.
3. When you go to the bathroom for a #2 and forget your phone.
4. The horror of a group text gone unchecked.
5. The second after you drop your phone and it's face down before you pick it up to see if the screen cracked.
6. When someone is supposed to look at just ONE photo and they start scrolling.
7. When your mom asks you for help with her phone and you realize all her contacts are entered manually.
8. When you hold an iPhone 4 after using the bigger 5 and 6.
9. When you don't have the update that lets you mute group texts.
10. When all of a sudden iMessage switches to regular green texts.
11. When the new iOS update for your phone makes a big deal about new iBooks features.
12. When your Dad actually uses Siri.
13. What your phone feels like when you take the case off and it's all slim and nude.
14. When you've gone for a really long time never having cracked a phone and then YOU JUST CRACKED IT.
15. When the app you need is automatically updating.
16. When you actually have to talk on the phone for a long call and your ear is hot and sweaty.
17. When Apple announces the new "S" version of the iPhone as if it's really that different.
19. When you're texting from your lap while pretending to pay attention.
22. When you're secretly taking a photo of someone...
23. .... and then you realize the flash was on.
24. When you accidentally hit record voice memo instead of a text and send someone a recording.
25. When you can hear your phone buzzing somewhere in the room.
26. When there's 12 updates waiting for old apps you never even use anymore.
27. When you answer a call from an unknown number.
28. When you blow out your retinas by checking your phone in the dark.
29. When you do your passcode wrong 4 times in a row.
30. When you go to sync your phone to your computer and it warns you about losing any old data and transferring purchases for iTunes.
31. When you took a pic and only realized later you had it on video mode.
32. When you go to take a photo but it says you have no space left.
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about tech and internet culture is cohost of the Internet Explorer podcast.
Contact Katie Notopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.