2. Though Yohio is Swedish, he lives in Japan:
3. Yohio and his band competed in Sweden’s Melodifestivalen, which is kind of like American Idol
They had some sick pyrotechnics.
5. His backup band’s Flock of Seagulls hair and ’80s outfits were impeccable
So perfect, yet it wasn’t enough.
7. If you think his glam style courts androgyny, you’re definitely right.
9. Loud fashion sense aside, he’s a serious guitar-nerd.
As is the Visual Kei pop star tradition. Here is him shredding at age 15.
11. He taught Yohio how to play the guitar, and he’s totally cool with what Yohio does.
Also, Yohio’s grandfather Jan-Eric Rehn was the guitarist in the popband Panthers. Tommy Rehn is also Yohio’s manager. You can see him acting as his son’s spokesperson on Japanese TV.
13. His big hit is “Heartbreak Hotel”:
This is the jam he performed on Melodifestivalen.
14. His hair is flawless:
16. Okay, let’s be real: he’s a Final Fantasy character.
Yohio casts Firaga. Yall are dead. Literally dead IRL.
- Canada's Conservatives just voted to get rid of a party policy opposing gay marriage 🇨🇦
- Dozens were arrested at a Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.