2. Though Yohio is Swedish, he lives in Japan:
3. Yohio and his band competed in Sweden’s Melodifestivalen, which is kind of like American Idol
They had some sick pyrotechnics.
5. His backup band’s Flock of Seagulls hair and ’80s outfits were impeccable
So perfect, yet it wasn’t enough.
7. If you think his glam style courts androgyny, you’re definitely right.
9. Loud fashion sense aside, he’s a serious guitar-nerd.
As is the Visual Kei pop star tradition. Here is him shredding at age 15.
11. He taught Yohio how to play the guitar, and he’s totally cool with what Yohio does.
Also, Yohio’s grandfather Jan-Eric Rehn was the guitarist in the popband Panthers. Tommy Rehn is also Yohio’s manager. You can see him acting as his son’s spokesperson on Japanese TV.
13. His big hit is “Heartbreak Hotel”:
This is the jam he performed on Melodifestivalen.
14. His hair is flawless:
16. Okay, let’s be real: he’s a Final Fantasy character.
Yohio casts Firaga. Yall are dead. Literally dead IRL.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝